Wednesday, October 25, 2023

AYSI310 Nuthatch on Vellum

Happy Wednesday, peeps! My card today is for the As You See It challenge of using vellum!  One of my favorite ways to use vellum, and I haven't done it for a while, is to stamp on the front and color on the back! I pulled out a little Flora and Fauna set and stamped this little nuthatch and some twigs on a piece of vellum using Stazon ink:

I apologize for the poor quality of my photo...I am using my phone, as John is using my camera card to capture some photos in his trail camera!  So bear with me for another day or so!  After stamping the images, I turned the vellum over and colored them in on the back using Blends and markers; here's a better view:


I stamped some little berry images in Soft Seafoam ink on a piece of Basic White and cut both of them out with a Stylish Shapes dies.  I love the softness that coloring the images on the back imparts!  I used glue dots in stratgic places to adhere the layers together.  I added Real Red and White mats, a little banner with some twine and mounted it all on a Pistachio Pudding panel embossed with a holly EF.  Here's the inside, using a sentiment from Christmas to Remember:


If you've never tried this technique, you should give it a try!  Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas to Remember (ret), Winter Aviary (Flora and Fauna)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Vellum, Pistachio Pudding (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Soft Seafoam
Accessories Pistachio Pudding Twine (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Holly Embossing Folder (ret), Outline Shapes Dise (Simon Says Stamp), Markers, Blends

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love the softness the vellum gives and that sweet little bird!

I Card Everyone said...

I love this technique, LeAnne - and you've really done a splendid job of coloring this adorable bird! Sure to bring joy at Christmas!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little bird, this is cute! I forgot about this technique, thanks for the reminder!

Heather said...

So super cute, LeAnne - love this little bird! I really have to try coloring on the back of vellum - such a beautiful soft look! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Denise Willerton said...

such a sweet card LeAnne, I just love it ~ we had a dozen nuthatches in our backyard today ~

Wendy said...

Beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the pretty image and your coloring! The embossed background panel just brings this all together with the matching holly. Great design, too! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so pretty LeAnne and the vellum coloured on the reverse adds a lovely softness to the design and allows all of the other elements such as the background embossing to be seen too. Gorgeous and perfect for our vellum challenge at As You See It this week!

Heather Cooper said...

This is such a great and timeless technique, LeAnne! I love the other elements of your card, too. The colours you've chosen work so well together. The layout is fantastic, and the embossed background works so well with the focal image and the background images behind the vellum! Thanks for filling in the blank with us at As You See It Challenges!

Jan Clothier said...

This is always such a pleasing technique, LeAnne. I love it, especially with the other image peeping softly in behind your birdie. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It.
:-)

Jane Knudsen said...

LeAnne, I love this technique - you can really get such a softness to the image which you have done here. The layout is perfect and I love the holy leaves on the image tying back to your embossed background! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!