Sunday, October 8, 2023

PP661 You Warm My Heart

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I am the hostess over at the Paper Players today and I've got a fun seasonal color theme for you to play with:


I am sure I had Halloween on my mind when I chose these colors several months back, but being the rebel that I am, I chose to not do Halloween because I just got this cute little set called Warmest Heart and I thought I could incorporate the colors using the images from it.  So here we go:


I stamped the thermos on a piece of plaid Highland Heather DSP and the lid on cardstock, then used the dies to cut them out, along with the little embellishment piece.  I stamped, diecut and colored the flowers in the challenge colors, then stamped an Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie leaf and fussy-cut them out.  


They all went on a "mat" from The Greetery (if anyone has any hints as to how to get out all the little fringes without breaking them off, I'd be grateful.  None of my usual tricks are working!) in Basic Black.  I stamped the sentiment, diecut it as well and it all went on a Radiating Stitches diecut panel.  I did add a little bit of stamping on my Pumpkin Pie panel and adhered it all to an Old Olive card.


For fun, on the inside, I stamped a row of leaves, and omitted a sentiment.  I'll add one when I decide the recipient and occasion!


So what will you create with these colors?  Will you go traditional Halloween or think outside the box!  Stop by the Paper Players to see what the designers did, then get inspired and create something of your own to share!  Can't wait to see what it will be!  Thanks for visiting today; enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Warmest Heart, Autumn (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather, Highland Heather DSP (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories Mini Dimensionals, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Warmest Heart Dies, Radiating Stitches Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Mug Mat Die (The Greetery), White Gel Pen (Posca)

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Wonderful colors for Halloween - and pretty darned cute for this darling thermos, too!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I'm so glad you got Warmest Heart and shared this cute card! Good job using all those colors! I love the Warmest Heart bundle but haven't gotten it. It reminds me of my dad packing his thermos on his way out to go fishing. Makes me cry every time.

Linda Callahan said...

This is such a cute set! Sweet card - think I need to order while on free shipping....lol

Lisa Elton said...

How adorable is that thermos! This is a delightful card, LeAnne!

Wendy said...

How adorable, LeAnne! I just recently got this set but haven't even opened it yet! Love the Halloween colors and how you incorporated them into your design! Well done, as always!!

lichazul said...

Lovely card 💐☺️ congrats
Happy week

Ida said...

Thanks for the great color challenge. - Your card is super cute/fun. It's neat to see these colors in a non-Halloween themed card. I went that route but if I have time this week I may try another card that isn't Halloween.
Lots of great details on your card that make it so cute.

Suzanne said...

OMG LeAnne, I love what you did with these colors! Your design is fabulous!

Ann Schach said...

What a sweet card, LeAnne! You have convinced me that I "need" this stamp set. It was perfect for showcasing these colors in a non-Halloween way. Thank you for the fun challenge!

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, I loved your color choices this week! Your card elicits the perfect fall imagery - a thermos of hot chocolate outside on a crisp fall day. Great card!
Xoxo, Fran

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'm so glad you didn't go Halloween either LeAnne - these colours are more versatile than one might think! That Thermos is super cute and I love the texture and autumn feel of your card. A great challenge choice this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Love the colors this week! So many great cards!
Your card is fabulous! I sure would like to have this purple thermos. Just perfect for this chilly weather! The little fringe mat adds so much texture! This card makes me smile!