Sunday, October 15, 2023

PP662 CAS Happy Fall Y'All

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It's time for another Paper Players challenge, with Joanne as our hostess, and she has a Clean-and-Simple one for us:

Remember, CAS means limited layers and we like to see some open space!  I combined the challenge with the gorgeous color palette over at As You See It:

So here we go:


I do have a few layers on my card, but they're pretty plain, so I am hoping Joanne won't disqualify me!  I diecut a layer of Basic White cardstock and embossed it with the retired Gingham EF, then diecut a pumpkin from a piece of Copper Clay that had piece of Adhesive Sheet adhered to the back.  Once I did the diecut, I peeled off the adhesive sheet from the back and stuck it to another piece of Copper Clay and fussy-cut it out to create the base for my pumpkin.  Although you can't see it here, I coated each portion of the diecut with Wink of Stella...it looks amazing in real life!  A few Crumb Cake leaves and a sentiment from the retired Banner Year finished it off, all on a base of Misty Moonlight:


I recently won a gift certificate to Pink & Main, and I sent this as a thank you; here's the inside, because they did certainly brighten up my day!


Thanks to my friend Lisa, I am entering this over at the JUGS challenge this week, which is "pumpkins"!



I love the rich colors on this card, thanks to AYSI!  I hope you'll play along with our CAS challenge too...the signs of autumn are certainly visible in my neck of the woods!  Be sure to pop over to the Players to see what everyone else created, then share yours with us too!

A few signs of fall around the farm:


The berries are some sort of holly and elderberry; the maple trees are just starting to turn:


Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Banner Year (ret), Special Moments (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Copper Clay, Misty Moonlight, Crumb Cake
 Ink Misty Moonlight, Versafine Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Gingham EF (ret), Detailed Pumpkins Dies (ret), Patterned Pumpkins Dies, 1/2" Banner Dies (Pink & Main), Wink of Stella Pen

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I especially like the leaves and vines on your pretty pumpkin, LeAnne - and all the fantastic signs of Fall on the farm!
=]

Heather said...

Love this, LeAnne - this is still one of my favorite pumpkin sets, and it looks awesome in our colors! I never thought to hook the leaves around the stem like that - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

I love your textured pumpkin in Copper Clay, LeAnne! And the split page background texture as well! This is cute, simple and stunning! Thanks for trying our our palette at As You See It Challenges.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty pumpkin, the texture is wonderful! You should link this up at JUGs, our word this week in pumpkin!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Super fun fall card! I love all the different textures you used from the pumpkin to the card front! Thanks for sharing!

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! You showcased these colors with all that lovely texture! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Gorgeous work, LeAnne! That split panel with the white embossing is really stylish and makes a wonderful ground for the pumpkin. Thanks for playing along with us again at As You See It.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this card LeAnne! The bold blocks of colour work really well and the texture to both the white panel and that pumpkin add so much detail - that pumpkin is really fantastic!! Perfect in the AYSI colours too! A fabulous CAS card.

Deborah Wheeler said...

Gorgeous pumpkin LeAnne - such a fab way to use our colours! Thanks for joining us at As You See It challenge

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect CAS fall card, LeAnne! The texture on the pumpkin is exquisite. I love it! What a fun color combination with the blue!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, What a beautifully designed card. I love the how you pulled those colors together perfectly. Well done!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, that base of Misty Moonlight really showcases the rich color of Copper Clay. You captured the colors of the ASYI challenge beautifully. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Fran Wing said...

Hello, LeAnne! I've been seeing a lot of blue-gray and copper tones lately and am really warming to them - you've inspired my to try them out for a fall card. Your card is lovely!
Xoxo, Fran

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I love all this embossing! My favorite technique for sure. Love this blue/copper color combo and that Southern sentiment make me smile!