Tuesday, October 31, 2023

AHSC549 Magical Meadow

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I have played very little with the Magical Meadow bundle, so I thought I'd give it a shot with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge this week.  Here's the sketch:


I know the sketch looks square, but I chose to make a gatefold standard-sized card.  The Magical Meadow dies not only have dies that match the stamps, but some pretty stand-alone dies of greenery and berries; I cut some from Basic White and a few more from Soft Seafoam, to create this:


I watercolored the stems with a wash of Mossy Meadow ink, and some of the berries with Moody Mauve, highlighting them with a white gel Pen.  The other berries I left white.  I layered them all on a Countryside Corners diecut and "tied" them together with a Moody Mauve ribbon.  I know the sketch has the ribbon on the top; hopefully they won't mind if I flipped it!  The card base is Moody Mauve with layers of Soft Seafoam DSP.  I did add some Iridescent Rhinestone gems for sparkle and to anchor some of the greenery:


A sentiment from Timeless Arrangements was added.  Here's a shot of the card open:


Thanks so much for popping in today!

Here are a few more photos from Longwood!  I love the colors of these flowers and greenery:


And this is another chrysanthemum art "sculpture":


This reminds me of candy corn; they just needed to add in some white, LOL!


These just look like sunshine!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Timeless Arrangements
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Moody Mauve, Soft Seafoam, Soft Seafoam DSP
 Ink Moody Mauve, Mossy Meadow
Accessories Moody Mauve Ribbon, Iridescent Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Magical Meadow Dies, Countryside Corners Dies, 3/4" Circle Punch (ret), Radiating Stitches Dies, Aquapainter

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Beautiful card and beautiful garden pics. I love the collage on the front. It would be a great fun fold to see in the Creative Creases Challenge. Hint, hint ;-)

Bonnie said...

A great take on this sketch, LeAnne! The greenery and berries are so pretty! Longview has some great artists that put these different flowers and greenery together! WOW!

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous - all treats, no tricks! A beautiful card, LeAnne - and another walk through that wonderful Longwood! I love the mums in the first photo!
=]

Cindy Otto said...

Beautiful card. I love the color combo!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

what a lovely card and those flowers are beautiful inspiration. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

Good luck!

Alicia

Alyson Mayo said...

Beautiful colours on a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Lisa Elton said...

I like the pretty little bouquet on the front of your gatefold card! This is wonderful, LeAnne and so are those garden pics!

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful. I would love a bouquet like that. And I love the textures of all those floral displays. Lucky you to get to see them in person.

Dena J said...

Gorgeous floral pictures. Brilliant idea to make a gatefold - perfect for the sketch. The delicate die cuts are so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts.

Jennifer Kelly said...

Beautiful card - love the colours. So many layers & textures. Thank you for playing with us at AHSC,

Brandi said...

So very pretty, I love the softness of the colours, fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful card! I love your interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.