Thursday, October 5, 2023

FMS606 & DDC Pink Halloween

Happy Thursday, peeps!  The Double D Challenge this month is PINK for Breast Cancer month!  Here's their fun prompt:


A couple of years ago I bought some CTMH Halloween papers and one of them had a pink background with white ghosts and black bats....but I never used it because I just couldn't reconcile pink with Halloween!  But I thought it would be perfect for this challenge!  So I pulled it out and here we go:


I also used the FMS sketch for this week:


I don't know what it is with me and vellum lately, but this is the third card I've made in a couple of weeks that uses vellum, particularly over top of printed paper! These papers just looked a little too busy with my trio of circles, so I gave it a "misty" look by popping a piece of vellum over top.  And since I still had my dies out from the card I made a couple days ago, I diecut another ghost, punched out a bat, and created some pink and black candy corn...I'll bet they taste like Good 'n Plenty, whatcha think?


I added a sentiment from Papertrey (as are the candy corns), a few sparkly bits and some diecut circles and it was done!  Here's the inside, using MFT's Primitive Pumpkins sentiments:


I am also going to enter this at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge, where anything Halloween goes:



I am thrilled to be using up some of that pink Halloween paper!  You should check out what the design team members came up with using their pink supplies!  Thanks for popping in today..enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Primitive Pumpkins (My Favorite Things), Tremendous Treats: Halloween (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Bubble Bath, Vellum, Boo Crew (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Bubble Bath, Versafine Black
Accessories Sequins, Gems & Rhinestones from my stash, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Cupcake Toppers Dies (Impression Obsession), Bat Punch (ret), Small Oval Punch (ret)

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Ohhh I think this card is fabulous, LeAnne! I would have been intimated by the pink, too, for Halloween but you blew this challenge out of the water! The vellum tones down the busy background but still pulls the pink color thru and the decorated focal point with the pink, black & white circles pulls it all together! Good n plenty it is! I love everything about it!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I'm so happy you found the perfect challenge for this adorable paper! I recently saw candy corn in these very colors! I wonder if they taste different?
I can't get enough of your sweet little ghost!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Super cute card! I'm a fan of pink and think it can work with anything!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LOVE this!! Pink is my favorite color, and I love it combined with black and white. Excellent card! I agree that the vellum really helps tone down the busyness of the DSP while still allowing it to shine. Soooo cute!!

Lorraine said...

So cute! Yes, definitely Good & Plenty. Great use of pink for Halloween.

Lisa Elton said...

You found the perfect use for that cute paper! This is fun, LeAnne!

Diane said...

I am so happy you could join us with your 'pink' Halloween as it is adorably CUTE, what a fabulous design!! Those pink candy corns are just the best, yum!! Don't forget we have a Halloween challenge too you could enter it at Two Old Bats!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Two Old Bats}

Jacquie Southas said...

I'm liking the pink Halloween look! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week, LeAnne!

Darlene said...

Oh LeAnne ... this is super fantastic! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! I am loving the vellum these days too!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is the sweetest Halloween card ever! I just love the background paper and that cute little ghost and bat! That vellum looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Barbara K said...

The vellum overlay is lovely and this card came out so cute! I also have a hard time thinking Halloween and pink but you really make it work!!

Mary M said...

LOVE everything about your card! Thanks for joining us for October's Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.