Sunday, October 22, 2023

PP663 Sketch from Jaydee

Happy Sunday, peeps! Jaydee is our Paper Players hostess this week and it's sketch week! I love sketches!  Here we go:


Wouldn't you know it, I needed another sympathy card this week, so I used Jaydee's sketch to create one:


These beautiful All About Autumn papers are just perfect for a thoughtful card; I used two layers of vellum for my bottom panel so you could still see the leaves through them a bit, and a panel of Copper Clay for the top panel, embossed (debossed, actually) with the Leaf Fall embossing folder:


The sentiment and diecut are both from Papertrey; I added some enamel dots for interest.  A simple sentiment from Stamp Simply was stamped in Early Espresso on the inside:


I am also going to pop this in over at JUGS where they have a lovely mood board:



I hope you'll play with our intriguing sketch this week!  Be sure to visit the Paper Players blog to see what all the designers came up with. I hope they inspire you to play with us as well!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Inspired: Prayer (Papertrey), Farmhouse Scriptural Thoughts (Stamp Simply)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Copper Clay, Vellum, All About Autumn DSP
 Ink Early Espresso, Copper Clay
Accessories Enamel Dots (from my stash), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Leaf Fall Embossing Folder, Deckle Edge Rectangle Die, Prayer Die (Papertrey)

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, it's really lovely. Those papers are amazing! I really love the debossed leaves on your pretty canyon clay panel!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

The debossed leaves look like they are made of clay with the paper you chose! This is a lovely card, LeAnne!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty with the double vellum panels over the bright leaves! Love that prayer die and sentiment!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love that background paper and using the vellum adds a wonderful touch of softness. Love the debossing on the front panel, too. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Nora Noll said...

This is beautiful!! I LOVE the embossing with that lovely pattern paper!!

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely card!

Nancy said...

Such a great sympathy card that would work well in any color palette! Lovely job, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls and I hope you are doing well.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is just so beautiful! I have tried several times to purchase this gorgeous DSP. I actually need 3 of these cards this week. It is such a calming card filled with hope. I love every detail!

Carol said...

Very nice fall card LeAnne! I love how the debossed paper goes with the background leaves paper, then the vellum softens the look with the deckle edge. It goes perfectly with our colors at Just Us Girls! I might steal this vellum idea for a wedding card coming up soon. Thanks for joining us!

Lisa Elton said...

It's me again! I forgot to thank you for playing along at Just Us Girls this week with this lovely card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beautiful LeAnne and I love how the papers still do a sterling job and can be seen even with the layers. I'm thinking not purchasing that EF was a mistake too - it pairs perfectly. A beautiful and serene sympathy card and great take on the sketch.

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Lovely card, You can't go wrong with that gorgeous DSP. I like the use of the vellum.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love how you used vellum for the panels. The embossed sentiment panel with the die cut and embellishments is awesome. What a perfect sketch for showcasing this lovely paper!

Ida said...

Beautiful Sympathy card. Love the fall theme of it (that embossed piece really worked well) and that dp is so pretty.