Sunday, October 1, 2023

PP660 Wish Upon a Star

Happy Sunday, everyone! Happy October, too! Ann is our Paper Players hostess and she really challenged me today!  Here's her theme:

Now, I have NOTHING vaguely resembling space travel or planets, so it was a good thing Ann said we could use the sun, moon or stars!  That I could come up with!  I think I won this cute Lawn Fawn set many "moons" ago, and this seemed like a good time to use it:


I found some Sun Prints DSP from last year that looked like a sky, and heat embossed the stars on it:


I added a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside hill of Mossy Meadow and perched my two little friends on top, then added an embossed sentiment:


It all went on a Starry Sky card base; on the inside, I added a Basic White panel on the inside with a birthday greeting:


So hopefully you can come up with some sort of space or sky-themed creation this week!  Be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog to see what the amazing Design Team came up with, then share yours with us too!  

Yesterday my TOPS group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) had a local meeting with some other area TOPS groups.  

It's a fun day of learning helpful hints for good health, and we always have raffles and games.  My friend, who is the president, is also the luckiest person I know and won these flowers.  She says she is also  has a brown thumb, so she gave them to me...they match my shirt! What a friend she is!


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Upon a Star (Lawn Fawn)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Starry Sky, Mossy Meadow, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Sun Prints DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Craft White, Starry Sky
Accessories Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Hills Dies (Lawn Fawn), Heat Tool, White Gel Pen, Blends

11 comments:

Carol L said...

I love this adorable little card with those cute critters watching the sky! Love those flowers you were given and the new slimmer you looks amazing too. happy October!

Bonnie said...

This card is adorable and your smile lights up the room!

I Card Everyone said...

I've always loved that scene, LeAnne - it's perfect from my view! It's nice to think these two could sit like this together - and nobody becomes dinner!
What a sweet gift from your friend!
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is just adorable LeAnne - those cute animals are looking so intently at the starry sky. What a generous friend you have - those flowers were made for you!

Lisa Elton said...

This darling pair was perfect for this week's challenge! Sweet card, LeAnne and a sweet friend too!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet sweet card....and you my friend look fabulous!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Such a sweet card. Those little stargazers are adorable. It looks like a few of us had to get extra creative this week.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! I remember this stamp set from the past. I have always loved every card you have made with it. This has to be one of the cutest cards ever! Thank you for making my challenge shine!

Ida said...

Your card is adorable. Reminds me of going out at night and looking for the big dipper in the sky. - What a nice thing for your friend to do, the flowers are pretty.

Fran Wing said...

Hello, LeAnne! I love the idea of two little animal friends looking at constellations - really cute! Also, great photo of you and the flowers!
Xoxo, Fran

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is just perfect for the space challenge! I love those little stargazers having fun! Great card!
You look gorgeous with those beautiful flowers, too!