Friday, October 13, 2023

Thank You Kindly

Happy Friday, everyone!  I had some fun yesterday, between mowing and making roasted peppers, doing some stamping and watercoloring!  I pulled out an old stamp from 2010 called Countryside, along with the also-retired Buffalo Check from 2018, and this is what I made:




I was inspired by three challenges: the photo and sketch at  Inspired By, Vicky's Tic Tac Toe board, and the Retro Rubber Anything Goes:






Since my truck has apples instead of pumpkins, I chose to make it red!  I stamped it in Black Stazon ink and watercolored it with reinkers.  I did a bit of selective cutting to get my stitched square to work properly!  The Buffalo Check was stamped in Real Red on Very Vanilla and diecut with the Deckle Edge Rectangle dies.  The little apple, from the same set, was also diecut and the sentiment, from Poppy Stamp's Whittle Sayings, has some red and tan twine to make it into a tag.  It fits with the diagonal on the Tic Tac Toe board of  twine, diecut and plaid. 


I always thought it would be fun to drive a truck like this, now that I know how to drive a stick shift.  However, I doubt it would have power steering or power brakes, so I think I'll just admire it from my stamp room!  

John visited his sister Mimi a few days ago and she gave him some bounty from her garden:


She said she planted three mounds with three or four seeds in each mound and got ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY EIGHT gourds...so far!  Wowza!  Not sure what kind of fertilizer she's using, but it's working!   Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

The Lord is good; his love is eternal and his faithfulness lasts forever.  Psalm 100:5


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Countryside (ret), Buffalo Check (ret), Whittle Sayings (Poppy Stamps)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Watercolor
 Ink Stazon Black, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Gray Granite
Accessories Red Twine (ret), Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Deckle Edge Rectangle Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Square Dies (Lil' Inker), 1/2" Banner Dies (Pink & Main), 1/8" Hole Punch, Aquapainter

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your truck is fabulous in red, LeAnne! Such a darling design. You've brought those challenges and elements together seamlessly! SO cute!
=]

Anonymous said...

Wonder card LeAnne. Loving that background paper ~Laurel

Lisa Elton said...

I love the buffalo check with your cute truck! My late mother-in-law always said if you're going to have a pick up truck it should be red!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this red truck and that red gingham, LeAnne. But the star of the show is that little apple that "fell" from the truck!

Heather said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! This truck is such a fave of mine, and how perfect it is in this happy red over that gingham! Just a perfect design all over - and SO Fall! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Betty said...

your old time truck on the red check background is woderful, LeAnne - love it - and love seeing you in our challenge this week at TicTacToe!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

What a perfect card, LeAnne! Ijust want to go to a farm in my flannel shirt and bit into a crisp apple!

lichazul said...

Great card, i like stamp๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ congrats
Happy day