Tuesday, February 1, 2022

RRCB175 Sending Love

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we choose some older stamps and show them some love!  And today's challenge is a "lovely" one, too:


I pulled out one of my all-time favorites, Greeting Card Kids from 2010, to create my little Valentine today:


I stamped this little sweetie on Shimmery White cardstock with Stazon ink and used reinkers to watercolor her in:


I also used a set from 2017 called Sealed with Love to give her a little love note!!  I diecut it with the matching die and added some diecut hearts and an arrow:


Since I am using the colors from Sunday Stamps, I embossed a Smoky Slate panel with a Fun Stampers Journey embossing folder, and added a mat of Basic Gray!  I also added a Poppy Parade ribbon that I recycled from a gift I received from a fellow stamper!  Can't let that pretty ribbon go to waste!


I need to gear up on my Valentine-card-making, because it will be here before we know it!  It's already February, yikes!  I hope you'll pull out some of your older stamps and create something "lovely" with them!  Then share them with us at the Retro Rubber blog!  Just make sure your stamps are at least a year old, and tell us their (approximate) age!  See you there!

Here is my little (not so little anymore!) Valentine sweetie:



Thanks for popping in today...enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Greeting Card Kids (2010 ret), Sealed With Love (2017 ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Shimmery White, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Poppy Parade, Real Red
 Ink Stazon Black, Poppy Parade, Real Red, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Bumblebee, Smoky Slate
Accessories Dimensionals, Poppy Parade Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Love Note Dies (ret), Cozy Knit EF (Fun Stampers Journey)

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is so cute. I love the little girl on it and I love your big girl too. She is getting more beautiful by the day.

Vickie said...

Very sweet Valentine…love the little girl. Not fair using retired stamps….😜 then I can’t get them.😄. This is Cassidy? Tell me no. She has changed a lot in a few months. Lovely

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this is as sweet as can be - what a darling little Valentine - reminds me of a Campbell soup kid!
Your real Valentine sweetie reminds me that they don't stay little as long as we'd like them to! I'm betting she looks exactly like Dana at that age?
=]

R's Rue said...

Perfect for February. And Valentine’s Day.

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet card! Love the little girl with her valentine! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Ah ha! I wondered if this would make its way here to Sunday Stamps! Perfect for our colors, and I love that background for your cute girl! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Margaret said...

I can't believe the Greeting Card Kids set is 12 years old! One of my very favorite sets! And Cassidy must be about that age, too! I have been reading your lovely blog and being inspired by your card designs, since she was a baby, yikes, I feel old! My oldest granddaughter just turned 13.

Lisa Elton said...

This is so darn cute and reminds me of my late SIL! She bought this sweet little girl at a craft show we were doing. There was a SU lady there selling some of her sets. I remember how much she loved that little girl. Like Michele, it reminded her of the Campbell's soup kids! Speaking of kids... Cassidy is so pretty!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, this little girl on your card is so absolutely adorable, beautifully colored and perfect for a sweet Valentine.
I don't remember that set, sheeesh!! love this image.
And Cassidy is still a little girl in my book, it's so hard to hold on to their childhood when you see them grow up before your very eyes, she is sweet and beautiful.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO

Cindy Beach said...

LeAnne, I love this sweet girl so much. and I have kept this loved set. Your pretty card has inspired me to pull it out! I LOVE seeing what you've been up to on your blog! And your lovely live girl too.

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a sweet little image for your Valentine! SMILE! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!