Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday Double

Hi stampers!  I had some stamping time yesterday and have two cards to share.  One is for the Inkspire Me sketch challenge, the other for FMS:



So let's do the Inkspire Me one first:


I did some stenciling with a Blending Brush and the Butterflies & Flowers Stencil (mask) in Flirty Flamingo ink on the bottom corner of my mat, then added a scalloped trim:


I had a scrap of Sweet Symmetry laying on my desk; I always get Flirty Flamingo and Calypso Coral confused; obviously, this piece uses Calypso Coral, as my colors don't exactly match, but hopefully the recipient won't mind!  I embellished it with a Pierced Blooms flower and leaves, and added a Bitty Banner with a sentiment from Special Moments...what a great SAB set!



The second card is a masculine one featuring the cabin from Reflected in Nature.  I am embarassed to admit that I've had this set since the beginning of the catalog and don't think I've used it yet!  I stamped it on Crumb Cake with Shaded Spruce ink, then cut it down to a smaller size, adding an Evening Evergreen mat:

It went on a card front embossed with the Pinewood Plank embossing folder, and for the little corner embellishments, I diecut some branches from the In The Woods die, cut them in half and layered them under the image.  Again, the sentiment is from Special Moments:


Thanks for popping in today!

Yesterday we had freezing rain in the morning, turning everything into an icy landscape, and I couldn't help but take some photos around the yard!  The poor birds would be sorely tried to get under these icicles:



Each leaf and stem of my butterfly bush was coated in ice; the patterns they made were amazing!



By lunchtime the temps were up and everything was dripping!  But it was cool while it lasted!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Praise the Lord.  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Special Moments
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Seafoam, Sweet Symmetry DSP
 Ink Flirty Flamingo
Accessories Dimensionals, Iridescent Sequins (ret)
Tools         Big Shot, Pierced Blooms Dies, Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Layering Squares Dies (ret), Stitched Be Mine Dies (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Blending Brushes, Butterflies & Flowers Masks

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Reflected in Nature, Special Moments
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Evening Evergren
 Ink Shaded Spruce
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder (ret), Layering Squares Dies (ret), In The Woods Dies (ret)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Cards and ice pics are beautiful. I loved the stenciling on your first card. You are a good photographer.

Vickie said...

Both cards very sweet LeAnne…Love the angles on the first card…Second card definitely a masculine one…with the cute barn placed in the center. Love your sprigs attached to it in the same color as CS.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I'm always happy when those Pierced Blooms come out to play, LeAnne! That little square of dsp makes a beautiful home for this one!
A very handsome Christmas card, too! Don't forget about that stamp again - it's wonderful! I'd like to see that one stamped in grey! [surprised?]
Good thing you didn't have to drive on those icy roads - amazing photos!
=]

Denise Willerton said...

Great card’s LeAnne. And yard shots too! I love how everyday is new blessing to gaze at 😊💕 have a wonderful weekend

Lisa Elton said...

How sweet is that flower popped onto that perfect little square! Love this card! Your house in the woods need to come out more often, it's fabulous. We had ice and snow in our area, the trees look gorgeous!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards. I love the woodgrain background and that image. I'm definitely adding that to my files. The ice did look pretty yesterday. Thankfully it didn't last long. (PS - everytime I clicked on your blog yesterday I got the message that "This blog has been removed" and was concerned - so glad to be able to see your posts today.)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the cards, especially the masculine design on the second one! Your icey photos have me shivering and reaching for a blanket. I hope it has warmed up. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

Bonnie said...

These colors look like they go together beautifully, LeAnne! Great layout! Love the rustic scene. Ice coating everything is so magical looking!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow so much to see here today! Love the flowers - hate the ice - we have had tons of ice this winter! And I think that cabin set looked tricky to use so I passed on it but your card is great! Very woodsy!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love both of these - the first one has a fun, quirky feel and I think the second one is one of the nicest I've seen with this stamp. Great take on Cecile's sketch too - those corner details gave me real food for thought. Finally, love the ice photos - stunning!