Tuesday, February 15, 2022

RRCB176 Sketchy Christmas Wishes

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge, where we give our older stamps some love!  This week Jane has a fun sketch for us: 


I love things in threes, so I was excited to get started!  I haven't made any Christmas cards lately, so I thought I'd remedy that; I found three fun prints from the retired Let It Snow DSP and went to work:


I used the Rectangle Stitched dies to cut them out evenly and layered them on a Basic White panel that was embossed with the retired Polka Dot embossing folder:


The sentiment is from CC Designs; I have no idea how old it is as it was given to me by another stamping friend and it's no longer on their website, so it's definitely a few years old!  The hat image is from Right At Home's Winter Elements set, and it's at least three or four years old as well. I used Real Red, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo and Emerald Envy to stamp it:


I added another sentiment on the inside from the same set, and I used an Ornate Frames die to cut them out!  I love the fonts, don't you?


And since it's Christmas week at Krafty Chicks, I'm going to enter this one there as well!

This sketch is so versatile, it can be used for any occasion and it's great to use up some scraps--we all have those, right?!  I hope you'll play along with us at Retro Rubber this week...just make sure to use stamps that are at least a year old, and tell us their approximate age!  Hope to see you there!  Thanks for much for popping in!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Winter Elements (Right at Home), Jolly Christmas (CC Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pool Party, Let It Snow Specialty DSP (ret)
 Ink Pool Party, Real Red, Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy (ret)
Accessories Snowflake Sequins (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Ornate Frames Dies, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder (ret)

5 comments:

Jane Knudsen said...

What is up with you and Donna! I am in love with these papers and the ones she used! That hat is the perfect touch! 1 card down and how many to go for your Christmas cards list?

Lisa Elton said...

You can't go wrong with red and aqua, this is cute! Your little hat tops it off perfectly!

Leanne said...

Great job, I like the layout and the embossing great card! Thanks so much for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, you have the prettiest Christmas DSP!! I love how you combined these patterns with the sketch.
Beautifully done!!
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be! I still have a bit of that DSP too - love it!