Monday, February 7, 2022

SSC276 Friendly Hello

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I got some new SAB goodies and I couldn't wait to play with the new Friendly Hello DSP...it has some colors and prints that I just love!  This card makes the best use of some of that DSP with this easy sketch from Sunday Stamps:


And here we go:


I used a die from the Scalloped Contours set to create the Basic Black panel, mounted it on a piece of DSP and added another layer on top of the black panel, centering the bird image on it.  I added a bow of gingham ribbon:


and a sentiment from another SAB set, Special Moments, diecut with the Ornate Frames die:


I had a couple of little leftover strips of the DSP left, so I added one to the inside along with my sentiment and a little sprig of Pool Party stamped behind it:


This was so easy to put together!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy went on her first sleepover Christian Endeavor camp at Pine Brook, which is near the Poconos.  They were supposed to leave on Friday night but the roads were icy, so they left Saturday morning.  Dana used to go to the same camp and she had fond memories of it and was excited for Cassidy to go too.  There were five girls and their leader, along with the brave driver, our friend Tom.   The other girls are a little older, but Cassidy's best friend from school was also there so I know they probably spent most of their time together!  Plus her friend's mom went to Pine Brook many years with Dana!  The tradition continues! But you can tell by the look on Cassidy's face that she is WORN OUT! 


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:  If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.  But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up."  
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friendly Hello, Special Moments
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Friendly Hello DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Pool Party
Accessories Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Scalloped Contour Dies, Ornate Frames Dies

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Beautiful card.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my, LeAnne! Another beautiful collection of dsps! You found the perfect spot for that sweet little bird! LOve the panels and your gorgeous gingham ribbon!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

What a great card! Great sketch, great use of DSP! and I love your little touches of artistry...ribbon, layered sentiment, DSP and the stamped bough on the inside! You've given me some inspiration. Thanks!

Vicky Hayes said...

How lovely those papers are LeAnne - that little bird is precious and of course you had me at the gingham bow! Love the photo of the Christian Endeavor camp gang - all exhausted I should think. Love how traditions carry over through the generations. Vicky x

Heather said...

So beautiful, LeAnne - such a great showcase of this gorgeous paper! So brilliant doing the scalloped layer in back, too - it really makes the feature layers POP! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the colors and the paper! This is so pretty, LeAnne!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, how pretty! The gingham ribbon is perfect with your designer paper. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Kathy said...

Just gorgeous, perfect showcasing of the bird on the DSP and using the black and white...I will have to CASE this for a swap with my local friends!

Ilene B. said...

I can't believe how big Cassidy is getting! I have been following you since she was born! She is such a cutie!!

Stef Perry said...

The dsp is with black and pool colors is so pretty, and of course you featured the bird perfectly on the top panel! Love this gorgeous card LeAnne and I'm so glad you got to share your new goodies with our sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps!

Melissa Grant said...

Love love this color combo!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!