Monday, February 28, 2022

LIM459 One Layer One Word

Happy Monday, peeps! Wow, the last day of February!  Hope you had a good weekend. Thinking of and praying for all the souls in the Ukraine, such an unspeakable tragedy.  I pray it is all over soon! I did get some stamping time yesterday and wanted to try (again) no-line watercoloring.  Mine never turn out quite as well as the videos that I watch, but I gave it a try again.  Since I used only one layer and and one word, I am entering it at the Less Is More challenge as well:


So here we go:


I always use one of two papers for my watercoloring: watercolor paper or Shimmery White.  Since I wanted to make a full card, I chose to use Shimmery White.  The colors move around nicely on it since it has a kind of coating that makes the shimmer, but also helps the water and ink not to soak in too quickly.  I stamped the image from Friendly Hello in Sahara Sand ink and then used an aquapainter to color everything in.  I went a little too strong on my flowers, I would have preferred to have them lighter, but I guess it's a learning curve!  I chose to make the bird a wee little house finch; they have been very active at my feeders and although the colors aren't perfect, they're close enough!


I added a Soft Sueded sentiment from Biggest Wish and you might be able to see some itty bitty speckles stamped in Soft Seafoam around the bird.  Perhaps if I had watercolored a bit of background it would have looked better.  I'll keep practicing!  Thanks for popping in today!

I showed you last week the pictures of non-happy Eden, sad that she was banished from the new couch and forced to sleep in her new bed.  Here's HER new bed on the left, and GINGER'S new bed on the right:


Yep, she refuses to sleep in her bed and wants to sleep in Ginger's. Heaven knows where Ginger is! Don't you wish you could know what was in their minds?  Pets are so funny!


  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friendly Hello, Biggest Wish
Card stock & Papers     Shimmery White
 Ink Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Flirty Flamingo, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Soft Seafoam
Accessories
Tools     Aquapainter, Corner Rounder Punch (ret)

13 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Beautiful watercoloring! I'll have to try the Shimmery White!!

Kampin' Karen said...

Eden is too funny! You did a fantastic job with your watercoloring.

I Card Everyone said...

Well done, LeAnne! No-line water coloring is really hard!
Again - poor Eden!

Linda Callahan said...

I think your watercoloring is fabulous! Sweet card! Poor Eden - I am betting she will be back on the couch soon!

Joan V said...

Beautiful card!

Wendy said...

Your card is very pretty, LeAnne! I have seen this technique done but have never tried it. Watercoloring just is not my thing. I love how CAS your card is and your watercoloring is always perfect! Oh the pictures of Eden made me giggle. Hopefully she gets use to her comfy big bed. My dogs would be lost without the couch....it's their happy place to look out the window!

Tracy Grauer said...

I think your no line watercoloring is wonderfully done! I love this one layer, one word card. Eden! So hilarious!

Denise Willerton said...

wowza LeAnne ~ your watercoloring is perfection!!!! I love the card ~ feels like spring and I can't wait, it 's been a long ugly one here!!! and yes, your pup is hilarious ~ Have a blessed day :-)

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful bird and flowers, LeAnne! You've done a great job of no-line watercoloring!

Lisa Elton said...

I don't know what the video card looked like, but you did an amazing job! This is CAS prettiness, LeAnne! Oh my goodness, Eden...

Vicky Hayes said...

This is just beautiful LeAnne! I love the vibrant flowers and paler hint of the same colour on the bird's breast. Poor Eden - I recognise that 'Nobody understands me' look. And what about cuddles on the couch time?! Vicky x

Kathyk said...

Fab card and your dog is just gorgeous too

Kathyk

Michelle W said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.