Sunday, February 27, 2022

PP580 Sailing Wishes

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge, and Anne Marie has a wonderful sketch for us this week! So many fun layers, I really enjoyed this one, as I usually do!  Here we go:

Continuing in a masculine theme, since my guy cards are few, I pulled out some DSPs in Misty Moonlight, an image from Sailing Home and some fun dies and went to work:


My papers are from Heart and Home and the retired Harvest Meadow.  I added two little diecut borders to the Harvest Meadow piece, then heat-embossed the sentiment in white on a Stitched Labels diecut.  The sailboat was accented with a piece of diecut "rope" from the Smooth Sailing dies, and of course, I had to stamp some seagulls!


I really like how this came out and I can't wait to use this sketch again!  Although I used a lot of retired dies on this one, you can use any shape or image!  Be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog to see how the other designers interpreted it, then share your creation with us too!  Thanks for visiting today!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sailing Home, Special Moments
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Misty Moonlight, Heart and Home DSP, Harvest Meadow DSP (ret)
 Ink Craft White, Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Smooth Sailing Dies, Stitched Labels Dies (ret), Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy (ret)

16 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is a great card, LeAnne. I think the design is perfect and who doesn't love blue!

I Card Everyone said...

So beautiful! Floats my boat, LeAnne!
=]

Joan V said...

Stunning card!

Linda Callahan said...

I love Misty Moonlight! This is gorgeous - the diecuts are perfect!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! The colors just grabbed my eye and I love your little sailboat! Great challenge and wonderful card! TFS and have a wonderful Sunday!

Tracy Grauer said...

Oh! I like this card and that sketch is a good one! I definitely feel a CAS coming! Thanks for sharing.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous - love those soft calming blues LeAnne! Another great way to use this sailing set too.

Bonnie said...

Love this, LeAnne! Makes me long for summer and the beach! Love the crisp blue and white!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the blues! This is terrific, LeAnne!

Ann Schach said...

A perfect masculine card, LeAnne! It's so pretty in Misty Moonlight. I love the "rope" detail across the oval. Have a wonderful week!

Jennie Maier said...

Leanne, love this cool and calming masculine card! All the stitching is fabulous and reminds me of sailboat ropes! Great card! Have a great week!

laurie said...

Love everything about this...nautical cards are a fave!!!

Christy Lynn said...

I love how you took all those many layers and made a monochromatic card with a few well-chosen patterns. It looks beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

I often prefer nautical cards for the guys in my life too. This one is a terrific design! I love the Misty colors and white. The stitched label die cut is just right for this theme, dresses it up nicely!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is fantastic! Love how you used the DSP for a masculine card and the mix of pattern and texture is really stunning. You've completely inspired me to get that stamp set out ASAP. Thanks for rocking my sketch this week!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great guy card! Love all the details of your card- the rope & the detailed sentiment panel.