Sunday, February 13, 2022

PP578 Watercolored Beach

Hi there, peeps!  It's Sunday and I am the hostess at the Paper Players with a fun color challenge for you:

 

While the winter winds blow, I was conjuring up visions of the beach with these colors!  I started with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

I got out the Friends are Like Seashells bundle, some inks, water and an aquapainter, and went to work:

I swished some water on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and added Mint Macaron and Bermuda Bay inks, swirled them around and heated them my heat gun to create my "water".  I embossed a piece of Mint Macaron with the Seashells embossing folder, snipped out the shell, then daubed on some Frost White shimmery ink to give it a sheen.  I also delineated the lines with a little bit of Mint Macaron ink as well.  I smooshed some So Saffron ink around a scrap of Shimmery White cardstock and stamped the starfish, diecutting it with the matching die.  


Finally, it all went on a frame of Shimmery White cardstock, backed by a piece of Vellum.  I added some Gold Ribbon, Gold Metallic pearls and a few little sequins, then stamped the sentiment at the bottom before mounting it on a Bermuda Bay card.  I left the inside blank for a future occasion!

I hope you'll find some inspiration from these colors this week!  Check out what the DT did...lots of fun samples there to get your creative juices flowing!  Be sure to share yours with us at the Paper Players blog...can't wait to see them!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells
Card stock & Papers     Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron, Vellum, Shimmery White
 Ink Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Bumblebee
Accessories Metallic Pearls, Sequins from my stash, Gold Shimmer Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Squares Dies (ret), Aquapainter, Heat Tool

20 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE it! The colors are perfect along with your design. This is a set I have used infrequently. You have inspired me to dust it off before it retires...I'm thinking it might be this year! We'll see in a couple of months. You are a blessing!!

Christy Lynn said...

I love how your watery background turned out, LeAnne! Perfect backdrop for your shell and starfish. The gold accents look great too!

Denise Willerton said...

your card is absolutely STUNNING LeAnne xoxo thank you for sharing ~ this is absolute perfection!!!

I Card Everyone said...

You would not find this loveliness at our beach today, LeAnne! But your card is pure delight for my eyes today when all I can see is WHITE!
=]

Lorraine said...

So, so pretty. I love the water effect.

Brent Scheffer said...

The nautical beach scene is really awesome. Bravo!

Kim S said...

Beautiful!! I love the water behind your framed seashell! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the shells and dreamy watercolouring LeAnne - so perfect for these colours! I can't believe it wasn't until I read your post that I realised the green is Mint Macaron; I used Soft Sea Foam and hadn't even realised my mistake!! I really should pay more attention! Either way, I love the fresh colours this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love this color combo and your card steals the show. It sure makes me long for warmer days. I love the fabulous background you created for the embossed seashell and starfish! SOOOO pretty! The dimensionals add so much texture. Stay warm and have a great week, My Friend!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your watercolour background has really inspired me LeAnne - will have to try getting this wonderful effect with a heat gun! Love your arrangement of elements with the frame, the ribbon and the sprinkling of sequins and pearls. Vicky x

Jennie Maier said...

What a fun combo this week! I love the water colored background! And this makes me long for the beach too! Also love the sequins! Pretty card! Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, LeAnne! The water colored backdrop is perfect for the shells. What dimension! What shimmer and sparkle! This ranks right up there as being one of my favorite cards ever. Thank you for the fun color challenge. Have a wonderful week!

Lisa Elton said...

Your lovely card has me dreaming of beach days! Come on summer!

Nancy said...

I am ready for summer! This is fabulous, LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be! love the background splash!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card LeAnne! I just love those shells and the watercolored background! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I would never have thought of this set with these colors, but they work fabulously. I love the watercolored background and the addition of the vellum adds a touch of sofness. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

laurie said...

I just LOVE this!! That background is so perfect for those dies...such a pretty card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is SO pretty! I just love the way you did the background and the pearls and sequins are the perfect touch. AWESOME color combo this week!

Cindy Beach said...

This is so beautiful and elegant, LeAnne! I love the Shimmery white card stock, it adds such a lovely sheen. The painting on your focal point and background is so so pretty.