Wednesday, February 2, 2022

TCC169 Lovely Wreath

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Time for a new Card Concept challenge, where we use different concepts to create our cards!  Here is the gorgeous inspiration that Julie has for us this week:


I loved this photo and these colors so much, I pretty much went with a literal interpretation for my Clean and Layered card today!  I used some pretty Altenew layered flowers and some SU greenery to create this:


Some stampers are really proficient at lining up these layered stamps, but I admit that I do struggle with them a wee bit!  But I think these came out okay enough!!! I used shades of Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Polished Pink, Real Red and Merry Merlot to create the roses, and the leaves were stamped in Granny Apple Green:


I mounted them on a panel of Basic White that was embossed with a Tim Holtz brick embossing folder and lightly sponged with Smoky Slate ink so that the texture was visible.  A wee little sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs was diecut and popped up on the wreath, as well as a simple little bow from Organdy Glittered ribbon:


I stamped a greeting from a retired set called Good Greetings and since I had an extra "frond", I added that on the inside:


What will inspired you today?  Colors? Florals? The heart-shaped wreath?  I hope you'll play along with us at The Card Concept and share your creation and concept with us as well!

Sawyer, the birthday boy, with his very clever "camo" cake created by my other very clever niece, his Aunt Kelly!!!  It was a big hit!  You can see LOTS of camo in this photo!!!



Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

"Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."       Matthew 25:40

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sparkle of the Season (ret), Good Greetings (ret), Freehand Florals (Altenew), Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White
 Ink Smoky Slate, Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Polished Pink, Real Red, Merry Merlot, Granny Apple Green
Accessories Glittery Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stamparatus, Seasonal Swirls Dies (ret), Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Freehand Florals Dies (Altenew), Brick Wall Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Sponge Dauber

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful!!! I really love the colors and all those gorgeous flowers, LeAnne! The brick embossed background finishes this perfectly! Love everything about it! Sawyer looks so thrilled with his camo cake! He's so cute and his big brother! Happy Birthday to him! TFS and enjoy today's warmer temps! Darn groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter! *sigh*

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely literal interpretation of this wonderful wreath, LeAnne! You had the perfect tools and layered them beautifully!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

What a great card and cake!

Tracy Grauer said...

Your flowers are beautifully stamp in those gorgeous colors! Love how it all came together around your heart wreath. The camo birthday cake is wonderful! Kudos to your niece!

Bonnie said...

A perfect pairing of greenery and flowers, LeAnne! Such a pretty wreath and it looks awesome on the embossed brick background! Sawyer always makes me smile!

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty card, LeAnne and Sawyer's cake is fab too! Glad I popped in today to see what you were up to. Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! Love every marvelous detail!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card! Your heart is a beauty!