Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Retro Valentine Altoid Tin

Happy Tuesday, peeps! For a while, I have been wanting to make one of these little altered Altoid tins with a Valentine theme and I finally got some time to do it!  All the images were digital, mostly from the Graphics Fairy and the Old Design Shop websites.  They were printed out in multiples on white cardstock, then trimmed, fussy-cut and layered.  I added some older printed papers from my stash as backgrounds, along with a few other embellishments!  Here we go:


I know I have a red tin in my stash but I was too lazy to dig it out, so I went with a blue one since this little pair seemed to go very nicely with it!  If you're of a "certain age", these Valentine figures will bring back fond memories!  The back of the tin was embellished with some gems and a couple of Tim Holtz stickers:


The inside; again, images were trimmed, fussy-cut and popped up:




I ran a strip of Sticky Strip around the outer edge and added some Classic Weave ribbon and adhered the bow with some more Sticky Strip:


Hope you enjoyed this walk down memory lane!   Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!





8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my this is beyond adorable!

I Card Everyone said...

I AM of that certain age and just love being treated to this darling tin of nostalgia today, LeAnne! You've fussy-cut and doubled up all the best bits to give them more attention... and used the best papers to match!
Just amazing!
=]

Wendy said...

Oh WOW! This is absolutely amazing, LeAnne! I love seeing all your cute vintage images and they brought back lots of memories! You put alot of work into this but it's SO adorable! Great job!!

Lorraine said...

This is so darn cute!

Bonnie said...

I always love your little altoid tins and always think I'm going to do one too! So far I just enjoy yours!

Lisa Elton said...

This brings back memories of my school days and Valentine exchanges! So cute, LeAnne!

Amanda Mertz said...

Such a cute retro vibe!! A very sweet project. And guess who just recycled a bag of empty altoid tins?? LOL! Terrible timing huh!?

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this - those vintage images remind me of story books I had as a child. So sweet!