Monday, February 14, 2022

Hello There Bluebird

Happy Monday, peeps, and Happy Valentine's Day!  I have a couple of fun cards today!  The first one is for the fun sketch at TGIF Challenges and it also uses the color palette from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


I was inspired by the colors, of course, and the birds and flowers!  Friendly Hello was still on my desk, so I went with it:


I didn't use a heart shape, but a partial circle; I stamped and watercolored the flowers first, then on another piece, stamped, colored and fussy-cut the bird.  I rarely use Pacific Point, but it seemed like a good shade for the challenge, and I paired it with Blushing Bride.  I added some DSP, a sentiment from Eden's Garden and a few rhinestones.  It went on a panel of Basic White that I embossed with the Timeworn Type EF, and just for fun, added a little trimmed-down doily:


I stamped and decorated the inside as well:


And since today is Valentine's Day, I'm sharing the simple card I made for Cassidy:


I used Sweet Talk DSP and diecut the Papertry letters from a piece Highland Heather cardstock, then backed it with another piece of Sweet Talk.  The sentiment is from Special Moments; it actually says "for someone who is WONDERFUL in each and every way", and I just cut it apart!!


Thanks for visiting today!  I'm not doing menus today, so if you have any questions on supplies, shoot me an email!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!





9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like we're on the same wave link, LeAnne! Love your bluebird and the sweet collage you've placed him on! Thanks for the tip on the challenge! Happy Valentine's Day, my friend!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the bluebird card! BBs are my favorite bird so I love seeing them on cards! I don't use Pacific Point much either and you've definitely done a great job with it here!

I Card Everyone said...

You and Bonnie are really treating me on Valentine's Day with your sweet little bluebirds!! Loving your design elements - and would LOVE to have that pink VW van for our next roadtrip!!
Hope you have a wonderful day with your sweetheart, LeAnne!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love this pretty little bird nestled into those flowers! This is lovely, LeAnne! Sweet card for your girl too ;)

Heather said...

Love that little bluebird, LeAnne! Such a bright and cheery fellow - you've added the perfect details to go with him! Love your inside deco, too - so buttoned up! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Kampin' Karen said...

I really love the bluebird card! For the first time since I have lived in this house (22 years) I had a cardinal, blue jay, red headed woodpecker and two mocking birds outside my living room windows in the bushes. We used to get the cardinal where we parked our RV in the back of the community. Now I'm waiting for a hummingbird!

Stampin Expressions said...

What gorgeous coloring! I also love all the layers. Beautifully designed. Thanks for sharing it at HSS!

Kim S said...

Your bluebird is just perfect for both challenges!! He's lovely in those colors with the beautiful flowers behind him! And that "sweet" card is just right for Cassidy!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

LeAnne, this is such a pretty card. Looks fabulous in the inspiration colors! Thanks for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT