Monday, February 21, 2022

CH35 Stenciled Florals

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend!  My friend Michele inspired me to try the Color Hues challenge this week:

Michele is a whiz at making stupendous floral cards, so I can't even begin to compete with hers.  But I did give it a go with SU's new stencils (ie: masks), and I really liked how this came out:

I am still struggling to get my photos to the way I like them--hopefully by Thursday I will have my own computer back---but I am hoping you can get the picture, LOL!  I stenciled the lighter layer in Blushing Bride, then added Polished Pink on top.  I used Misty Moonlight as my "navy", stenciling the leaves in that shade:


I added some pink speckles and a sentiment from Flowering Rain Boots.  And while I had my blending brushes handy, I added another little flower on the inside of my Misty Moonlight card:


I must tell you that the samples in the Color Hues gallery are stunning!  So creative!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

"All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever." 1 Peter 1:24-25

Stamps:  Flowering Rain Boots, Friendly Hello
Paper:  Basic White, Misty Moonlight
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Polished Pink, Misty Moonlight
Accessories:  Sequins from my stash
Tools:  Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Butterflies & Flowers Decorative Masks, Blending Brushes


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne there's no competing between friends! You have stenciled these flowers so perfectly - inside, and out!
What a gorgeous stencil it is! Kind of mesmerizing, isn't it??
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous stencil! I love the shades of pink you used, LeAnne. This is so pretty!

Bonnie said...

Awesome stenciling, LeAnne! Love the shades of pink with the navy!

Karen said...

The floral stencil is fabulous and you've created a beautiful floral card! I love the shades of pink you used. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Colleen Begley said...

Well, this is VERY cute! I love stencils.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous! I am loving those stencils and they look great in these colours, a favourite combo of mine too.

Nancy said...

LeAnne, You my friend are as fabulous a card maker as Michele and don't you forget it! This card is just beautiful and those flowers are mesmerizing indeed. Now I have to go hunt them down, as I am in love! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and I hope you will play along again soon! Take care!

Julie B said...

Fab stencilling LeAnne, so pleased Michele inspired you to get those stencils out and join us this week at Color Hues. :)

Cindy Beach said...

I think your floral card is gorgeous! Lovely stenciling, and that Polished Pink is really a nice color, that I hadn't noticed before. I like the sentiment best, it reminds me of YOU! So glad that you played along with us at Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

Fab stenciling LeAnne, so pleased Michele inspired you to get those stencils out and join us this week at Color Hues. Your card is beautiful!