Thursday, February 3, 2022

Merry Recycled Snowman

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I have a very quick card for you today....I usually recycle my non-stamped Christmas cards to St Jude's, but when I came across this little snowman, I had to keep him!  I fussy-cut him out and he fit quite nicely in the corner of my latest Christmas card:


I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches and since I made a four-layer sentiment, I am also entering at Christmas Kickstart, which wants a center-stage sentiment:



The way these SU Christmas Greeting dies are made, when they go through the Big Shot, they make these little polka-dots on them.....I'll just consider that "decoration"!!


The plaid background papers are from Photoplay's Mad 4 Plaid Christmas; I added a little baker's twine bow to his hat just for fun:


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!




13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What a great card! You've really gotten a jump on Christmas cards!!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Adorable snowman!! Great choice to rescue him for another card. I love that you send your old Christmas cards to St. Jude. Will definitely look into that for future years. ~xoxo

I Card Everyone said...

He is WAY too awesome for the recycle bin, LeAnne! Thanks for rescuing him and sharing him with us - adorable!! You had the most perfect plaid dsp to go along!
=]

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne: I think it's a great idea to recycle regular Christmas cards, not the stamped ones, and your card is beautiful, this Snowman is adorable and I love how you found that DSP to match his scarf, just fabulous.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Stampin' with Joyce said...

LeAnne, this is such a cute card and love that the snowman is holding a cardinal--I am a birder/birdwatcher and always enjoy seeing your photos of the birds.
I am interested in learning more about sending your unstamped Christmas cards to St. Jude's. Would you be kind enough to give more info on your site. Thank you in advance.
Have a great day!
Joyce
Southport, NC

Bonnie said...

What an adorable snowman! You found him a perfect home!

Nancy said...

Hurry Hurry! Sneak this awesome card in over at Just Us Girls! Our challenge is Plaid! That snowman is awesome and I can totally see why you saved him! The added plaids and sentiment is perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh he is cute and so is the polka dot sentiment!

Lorraine said...

This is so, so cute and a great way to repurpose such a pretty graphic. Love the bow too!

Debbie said...

Awesome recycle! The plaid paper is the perfect BG for your cute snowman!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Such incredible cuteness!! I love this card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dotty Jo said...

He's just too cute to not use! What a lovely card. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart challenge with Jen and me, Jo x

Jen W. said...

Love how you fussy cut this adorable guy and you're right - he fits perfectly in that corner! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart Challenge!