Tuesday, March 1, 2022

RRCB177 Tic Tac Toe with Peanuts

 Happy Tuesday, everyone! Time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge where we challenge everyone to give some love to their retired and older stamps!  We have a fun tic-tac-toe grid for you this week! Check it out:


I chose the top row across of metallics, crafter's choice (coloring) and embossing.  So here we go:


This stamp is from 2009 and it's called That's Funny and I TOTALLY do not remember this stamp.  I got it from my girlfriend at our yard sale and it is TOTALLY her type of humor (thanks, Shawn) and I just had to have it. I don't normally make funny cards but I can see me using this stamp set a lot. I stamped the peanuts in Soft Suede ink and colored them with Blends, then added a Brushed Metallic copper scallop and popped up the sentiment :


I embossed a Very Vanilla panel with a large polka dot Cuttlebug embossing folder, turning it upside down so the dots sort of resembled the dimples on a peanut!  The inside of my Crumb Cake card was stamped with a sentiment (and some more dots) from Perfectly Wrapped (2016):


I have to be a little mean to my hubby....bless his heart, he didn't "get" my card.  I guess he hasn't been on a plane ride for a while, or didn't know the peanuts were "complimentary"!  Meanwhile, my sister and Dana thought it was hysterical.  Maybe it's just girl humor?  Anyway, I hope you'll play along with our challenge!  Remember to use stamps that are at least a year old and tell us the approximate age!  Can't wait to see what you create at the Retro Rubber blog!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps That's Funny (2009), Perfectly Wrapped (2016)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Brushed Copper Metallic
 Ink Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Circles Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Stamparatus, Blends

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I think it's funny, LeAnne, and such a cute card, too - leave it to you to think about flipping that embossed panel to be more 'dimpled!'
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

I have to say I fell about laughing when I saw this - it's definitely my kind of humour! What a great set and what a fabulous card LeAnne! Vicky x

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

I love it!! When I first saw the card I thought, "I think I still have that set." ....then I read the rest of your post. hahahaha!! Glad it's getting some inky love.

Lisa Elton said...

Complimentary peanuts...HA!! This is loads of fun, LeAnne!!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, LeAnne, I LOVE this stamp - hilarious! What a yard sale find! Such a cute design for these little characters, too!