Thursday, August 3, 2023

You Make Me Smile

Happy Thursday, everyone...on the downhill slide to the weekend!  My card today is for the FMS597 sketch as well as the Color Throwdown 754 color palette:


I had some pretty papers from Carta Bella called Gather at Home that had a lovely succulent pattern on it, so that was my starting point:


I diecut a piece of the paper and mounted it on a Crumb Cake card, then diecut some leafy pieces from Soft Succulent cardstock with the Dainty Delights dies.  I used a blending brush to color each branch to try to match the colors on the papers.  I adhered a partial circle of vellum behind them to make them stand out a bit.  My horizontal sentiment is from Timeless Arrangments, and my vertical pieces are some Burlap Ribbon and Wavy Trim:


I left the inside blank; I think this pretty sentiment could be used for any number of occasions!

Here are a few more birthdays card I was blessed to receive this year:

This little beauty is from my friend Peggy:


And little pup is from Renita---so cute!


And Debbie created this bright cheerful card for me:


Thanks, Peggy, Renita & Debbie!  I love these cards!  And thank YOU for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

A gentle answer quiets anger, but a harsh one stirs it up.  Proverbs 15:1

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Timeless Arrangements
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Basic White, Vellum, Soft Succulent (ret), Gather at Home DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Soft Succulent (ret), Old Olive
Accessories Wavy Trim, Burlap Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Dainty Delight Dies, Blending Brush

8 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is so soft and beautiful! These colors are so soothing. I really like how you cut the sentiment strip!

Carol L said...

This is just stunning with that burlap ribbon and wavy trim. It looks fantastic with those green stems and pretty papers! Those are beautiful birthday cards too!

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty, Leanne! The cool colors are wonderful!

I Card Everyone said...

You captured those dsp colors so beautifully, LeAnne! Gosh, this is SO pretty!
=]

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous card! I love the texture you added with the jute twine and ribbon!

Jacquie Southas said...

Such a gorgeous design with the greenery and fabulous texture from the twine! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week, LeAnne.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these soft and tranquil greens, along with the texture of the braid - a beautiful card LeAnne!

Kim S said...

Beautiful! I love the combination of dainty leaves and the burlap! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.