Friday, August 18, 2023

FMS599 Peaceful Fox

Happy Friday, peeps! Yay, it's the end of the week!  I have been playing with the Online Exclusive One Horse Open Sleigh papers....there are some gorgeous ones in there....and this little fox seemed to be perfect for the FMS sketch this week, designed by the queen of CAS, Jen Mitchell!  Here's the sketch:

And here's my take on it:


The picture really doesn't do this DSP justice!  I cut a strip from the fox-in-the-snow paper to make my vertical piece, rounding the edges with a rounder punch.  The other layers are also from One Horse Sleigh.


The "peace" is from the upcoming set called Night Divine (a GORGEOUS set!); the sentiment actually says "joy & peace", but after lining the stamp up on my Stamparatus, I used a Blender pen and some Pecan Pie ink to ink up just the word "peace".  I did that a couple of times and it worked perfectly!


Another sentiment from the same set was stamped on the inside of the Crumb Cake card:


The only embellishment was a little bow tied with Linen Thread!  I love the earthy feel to this card!  

Out for some ice cream, celebrating Cassidy's b-day!



Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Night Divine
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, One Horse Sleigh DSP (available via Online Exclusive)
 Ink Pecan Pie
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Corner Rounder Punch (ret)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Great card. Love the pics of your joyful family.

Wendy said...

I have seen so many pretty cards made with the One Horse Open Sleigh papers and yours is the prettiest one yet! I love the texture that this paper adds to a card and then that tag with the fox on...it's just beautiful! Well done, LeAnne! It looks like Miss Cassidy had a very special birthday by the smiles on all 3 of their faces! :)

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this is stunning! CAS yet rustic, I'm loving the wood here! I might have to take a look at that paper collection!
LOve those smiles!
=]

Bonnie said...

Such pretty papers for a peaceful looking Christmas card!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This paper is some of my favorite DSP that SU! has ever released. I love how you used the fox on this card. It's so pretty and calming! Dana and her family are so photogenic!! Great pics!!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous holiday card, LeAnne but those smiles win the prize tonight!

Claire said...

The fox is just gorgeous - will have to look at those papers...such a pretty card and like you said, very rustic!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card with that DSP! ANd the picture of the terrific trio makes me smile!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is simple yet elegant LeAnne and I love the DSP combos. Great card!

Karren said...

This paper is gorgeous! Such a wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.