Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Neutral Holly Jolly

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  The Jingle Belles have a "Neutral Noel" challenge this week, and I always love creating monochromatic cards, and neutrals are always fun too!  I decided to go vintage since the Belles had a couple of  vintage-style beauties that they shared!  So here we go:



I have lots of vintage papers but not many of them are neutral, but I did find this Graphic 45 St Nicholas paper in my stash in a nice warm brown shade. I did some more embossing on the sentiment (I'm getting better!) using Versamark and Pecan Pie inks and clear embossing powder.  I added some gold glimmer paper holly leaves and a copper foil bow, then a few gold rhinestones.  The little ticket strip is a really, really old Crafty Secrets stamp; I don't think I have ever inked it up, and it's got to be at least ten years old!  The same goes for the sentiment, which is from Fiskars!


Another Fiskars sentiment went on the inside of the Very Vanilla card!


And since I am using some "oldies" stamps, I am entering this at the Retro Rubber challenge this week, which is "Anything Goes"!  

I'm adding this to my Christmas card stash! How is your holiday stamping shaping up?  It's less than five months to Christmas! 

Here's another cool birthday card I received from my friend Karen; it uses the Give It A Whirl dies, and there's a different image or sentiment that shows through the window each time you turn the wheel:




What a fun card!  Thanks, Karen!  And thank you for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Express (Crafty Secrets, 2012), Seasons Greetings (Fiskars 2010)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, St Nicholas DSP (Graphic 45), Gold Glimmer (ret), Copper Foil
 Ink Cinnamon Cider (ret), Versamark, Pecan Pie
Accessories Gold Rhinestones (from my stash), Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitching Lines Dies (Ellen Hutson), Greenery Dies (Tim Holtz), Mini Treat Bag Dies (for the bow, ret), Postage Stamp Scissors (Paper Shapers), Heat Tool, Stamparatus

10 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Loving this neutral, vintage card! You are the QUEEN of this style, LeAnne!! I need to check out the Jingle Belles Challenges. Super fun!!

I Card Everyone said...

You know how much I love neutrals, LeAnne! Love how well that Pecan pie plays with the warm kraft color of this fun vintage paper!
Is that a ticket to ride in Santa's sleigh?? Count me in!
I love Karen's card - you know me, I might have put different ages in those windows!
=]

Vickie said...

You know I love this LeAnne…as we share Vintage cards. The paper is delightful. I will check to see if it is still available. Great job

Karen in Florida said...

I'm glad you like your birthday card! A special card for a special friend!
Wishing you a happy & blessed year!

Huggs from Florida

Heather said...

Wow, LeAnne, this card is amazing! Love the neutral look, and so happy to see another holiday card here, lol. Beautiful Christmas stamps and papers - especially those tickets! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty Christmas card, LeAnne! I love the strip of tickets and the neutral colors!

SmilynStef said...

what a fabulous monochromatic design ... love those fun tickets ... so very glad you joined us for our Neutral Noel at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

Holy moly that is an INCREDIBLE card by any standard! You have rocked the neutrals AND the monochromatic as well, sooooooo elegantly! Thanks for joining our Neutral Noel fun at Jingle Belles!

Anonymous said...

Live your card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

This is amazing LeeAnne and it is always lovely to see you in the Retro Rubber gallery. I love the little ticket strip. Claire x