Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Patchwork Plaid Birthday Cards

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  CAS seems to be about the only thing I can come up with lately, LOL!  I recently bought the Patchwork Pieces dies and decided to use them to make a couple of CAS masculine cards.  Really, the dies and the papers do all the work!  And since you need at least two different patterns or types of paper, you can create two cards in almost the same amount of time it takes to make one!  So here we go:



I used Gray Granite and some Woodsy Plaid papers from Memory Box and diecut them with the dies.  Ahead of time, I had made a template, tracing the die on scrap paper and numbering the pieces so I would be able to see how to put them together again easily!  I also found it helpful to adhere the diecut pieces to a slightly smaller piece of scrap paper and THEN adhere the entire patchwork to my cardstock.  

After assembling both sets of patchworks together, I mounted them on a mat of Misty Moonlight cardstock and a white card base.  I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight as well; it's from a new set called Throughout the Year.  I diecut it and added another diecut mat of Gold Foil:


And on the inside, a sentiment in Boho Blue from another new set, Fruitful Blessings; I really love this sentiment, I know I'll be using it way past the fall season!  


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a special event, wink wink!

But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.  Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?  In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.  Job 12:7-10

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Throughout the Year, Fruitful Blessings
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Misty Moonlight, Brushed Gold Foil, Woodsy Plaid DSP (Memory Box)
 Ink Misty Moonlight, Boho Blue
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Patchwork Pieces Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I didn't think I needed these dies but after seeing your wonderful card, I guess I do...glad I haven't placed my pre-order yet! TFS and have a blessed day.

Wendy said...

Ohhh I love this, LeAnne! Love that plaid paper and how CAS this is! Going to save this for future masculine card designs! Aren't those dies SO much fun?! TFS and have a great day!

Tracy Grauer said...

I've been eyeing these dies! Smart idea to make a numbered template. This is such a great masculine card. Those sentiments are great also!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm mad for your plaid, LeAnne! You are 'turning my head' with this Boho Blue, too! Such a fun die.
Now I can't wait for tomorrow and my today just started!
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

This is great LeAnne! I love how versatile those dies are and they are perfect for using up scraps of designer paper! Vicky x

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is a great masculine, CAS card! I agree with Karen's comment....I didn't think I needed these dies. UGH!!! Stop enabling me!! hahaha! Excited to see what you share tomorrow!!

Bonnie said...

Love this plaid paired with gray! A great way to get a twofer and perfect for those guys or gals!

Lisa Elton said...

Two perfect CAS masculine cards! I like the thin gold lines in the plaid!