Saturday, August 19, 2023

Patchwork Pieces Quilt

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Dana is having Cassidy's birthday party today, so this will be short & sweet! My friend Shawn saw a cool card using the Crafting With You set and a "quilt" made from paper! You can see it here, by Ramblin' Stamper!  SO pretty! I thought I had saved it but couldn't find it, so I went ahead and created my own version of something similar using the Patchwork Pieces dies and some Blueberry Bushel gingham DSP. So here we go:


I combined the DSP pieces with Basic White and after adhering them all to a scrap piece of paper, I ran the "quilt" through the Cane Weave embossing folder and matted it on a piece of Boho Blue cardstock. I stamped the sewing machine in Blueberry as well, and diecut a little scrap with the other die in the set to create my "fabric" to fit in the sewing machine.  


I stamped the sentiment and added some spools and buttons in Blueberry and Crumb Cake.  The accessories in this set are so much fun!  I wish I had used the smaller sentiment like Pat did because I feel like my card is a bit bottom-heavy, with both the sewing machine AND the sentiment panel, but this was sort of a trial/prototype, so I am not going to sweat over it!  

I have a couple more ideas for these dies and set, so be on the lookout! I have so many ideas with all the new things coming out in the catalog, I don't really think there are enough days in the month to get them all done!  But I'm going to give it a try! 

While we're in a "blueberry" mood:

For Cassidy's birthday, she and her friend went to Sky Zone for "Glow Night"....looks like fun!


I don't know who that crazy guy is in the background!  



Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
StampsCrafting With You
Card stock & Papers    Basic White, Crumb Cake, Blueberry Bushel, Boho Blue, Blueberry Bushel Gingham
 InkBlueberry Bushel
AccessoriesDimensionals
Tools    Cut & Emboss Machine, Cane Weave Embossing Folder, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Crafting With You Dies

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, now YOU are becoming an enabler along with Mary and Amy...lol! I think I NEED these dies! I love your quilt and the glow is pretty cool too. Wayne is too funny!

I Card Everyone said...

No matter what, life is better when we're crafting - and sharing, and GLOWING!
LOve those little spools and the fabric you've quilted, LeAnne!
=]

Bonnie said...

Wow! These quilt cards get even better! I love the blueberry gingham and that piece on the sewing machine! A brilliant idea!

Carol L said...

This card is just fabulous, and I love the little bit of paper under the sewing machine needle, how clever!! Fun pictures of Cassidy and her friend and her um......crazy guy having fun too LOL

Linda Callahan said...

So fabulous in blue and white - wonderfully put together! Happy Birthday to Miss C!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, the crafty life is a good life! Charming card, LeAnne. Glow night looks like fun...especially for Wayne!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the embossed quilt panelled background - it compliments the machine and sentiment beautifully. It's the little details too - those cotton reels and the fabric running through the machine that make this card so special.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

You totally nailed this!! I love all the little details around the sentiment, too. The piece in the sewing machine is perfect. It's actually draping like fabric would. Excellent job on this beautiful quilt card!! I wonder who had more fun at Cassidy's party ...Cass or Wayne?!? hahaha!