Wednesday, August 16, 2023

AHSC538 Christmas Blessings

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I am sorry to disappoint you, but I jumped the gun on my special surprise...you'll have to wait all the way until NEXT week to see what's in store!  SO sorry, LOL!  Anyway, I do have a pretty card for you today; I am gearing up my Christmas cards, and this one uses the sketch from Atlantic Hearts, and the color challenge from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown:



It's a bit of a challenge to make a Christmas card in black and white, but I think I managed to accomplish it!  Here we go:


I had an idea in my head for this card, and when I began looking at all my embossing folders, I came across this one from Darice that had four Christmas images!  I embossed two pieces of Thick Basic White cardstock, then trimmed down six images.  The two duplicates I turned around so the patterns looked a little different.  They're really pretty all together!  Here are a couple of them:


I added a sentiment from Wrapped in Christmas, diecut with the Nested Essentials dies and matted with some black glimmer paper; I added a few star sequins for sparkle:


I had to make my card a wee bit larger than a standard-sized card to accomodate the panels; it's about
6" x 4 1/2".  Another for my stash!  I am also going to enter this at the Krafty Chicks, where their theme is Christmas!  So happy you popped in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Wrapped in Christmas (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Thick Basic White, Black Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black
Accessories Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Nested Essential Dies, Christmas Squares Embossing Folder (Darice)

17 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LOVE this!

Carol L said...

This is SO pretty and what a great way to get more mileage from your embossing folders!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you did a wonderful job with only black and white! What a great design and I love the bit of glam and your darling little star sequins!
WWCD!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

When I first read "Christmas card in black & white", I thought nope. Haha! But you really knocked this out of the park, LeAnne. It's beautiful, and you know I LOVE that black glimmer paper! So glamorous!!

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is just gorgeous, love the clean look and the beautiful embossing. Great way to use your folder too, they are cut so perfectly I didn't even realize they were separate squares! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks.

Dena J said...

Fabulous embossing! What a perfect folder. The sparkle of black is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challnge.

Karen in Florida said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing your creative thinking!
I love your card!!
I would also find it difficult to make a black & white Christmas card (or any black & white cards). I love color too much.

Bonnie said...

Classy card, LeAnne! Love the pierced label!

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh, the black and white is so elegant! This is fabulous, LeAnne!

Lily-by-Gilly said...

You really rose to this challenge and knocked it out of the park! Your card is beautiful and has the real wow factor. I love the embossing, and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week. Gill, DT

Fabiola said...

elle est splendide LeAnne, pleine d'élégance, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Kathy said...

Lee Anne, I love this card, it really is a gorgeous take on the color challenge. I recently started making 6 1/4 by 4. I bought some blank cards from SU (don't know if they have them still). Now I Just make my own...It works so well. I agree with Gill you batted this one out of the park. Thanks for participating with us this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful use of that EF! Lovely card!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful black and white Christmas card. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

foleysfriend said...

How clever are you to turn a four-pattern into a six-pattern. Good for you! Love the elegant feel to your Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Anna said...

This card is stunning! I love the black and white color palate and how classy the card turned out. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Jan Clothier said...

This card is just perfect! So clean, so elegant. Love the texture. 😀