Sunday, August 20, 2023

PP654 CAS from Ann

Hello stampers!  It's Sunday and that means a new Paper Players challenge, with Ann as our hostess this week with a fun clean-and-simple challenge:

I love bees! I have lots of bee stuff!  So of course I decided to use a bee on my card, but I had some trouble narrowing it down, LOL!  I first decided to use the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:

Then, I chose a subtle pattern of paper from Hackney & Co called Tell the Bees; and went from there:


I stamped a verse from Courage and Faith, and added a mat of gold foil along with some metallic pearls:  


The retired Detail Bee die provided my pretty bee; it's gold foil also, and the inserts are actually champagne foil, although it's hard to see here:


Everything went on a Very Vanilla card base that was embossed with the retired Honeycomb embossing folder.  There are lots of occasions for which I could use this card, so I left the inside blank!

I hope you'll play along with our CAS Insect challenge---there are so many possibilities!  And check out the fun creations that the Design Team made as well....they're all over at the Paper Players blog!

Speaking of insects, my sister in SC sent me this photo of a 2 1/4" Giant Leopard Moth that was on her porch on Friday:


AND....I thought you might like to see the bees fighting each other on my hummingbird feeder!  If you look closely, one of the bees is pushing the other bee away with one of his legs....and the third bee is struggling to get his butt up far enough so he can get to the nectar!  I have had LOTS of hummingbirds this year but this is the first time I've seen bees like this on my feeders!  There's enough for everyone!


Thanks so much for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Courage & Faith
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Gold Foil, Champagne Foil (ret), Tell the Bees (Hackney & Co)
 Ink Versafine Black
Accessories Dimensionals, Metallic Pearls (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Honeycomb EF (ret), Detailed Bee Dies (ret)

17 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What a wonderful photographer you are! You're not too shabby at cards either...lol! I've had my bee fix for the day...thank you! You are a blessing and I enjoy you from afar.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your panel would make a wonderful bookmark for the recipient, wouldn't it? LOve the DSP!
We have had about 5 or 6 hummingbirds flitting around the yard here and arguing over the THREE feeders. Tom had an extra fun feeding experience last night - check it out on his Instagram feed @tfergu01 if you're interested.
That moth is amazing - the bees need to go find some flowers!
=]

mary said...

I think there are 2 moths and they are mating! eeek! tmi

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous and insect-filled post LeAnne! I'm loving the card and the feeder activity but those moths - fascinating!!

Bonnie said...

This is the most elegant bee die, LeAnne! He's beautiful done in the foil and perched on the pretty paper! What an unusual moth! Lucky to see and get a photo! The bees are so funny as long as they don't chase the hummingbirds away.

sentsue said...

Love your use of metalic. Thank you for sharing your work on the CC & S Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your fancy bee, what a lovely card! That moth is so interesting, what a fun find for your sister!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, I love the touches of gold and the honeycomb background. Your card is lovely. Suzy

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

I agree with Mary ...that looks like two moths mating!! I am cracking up!!! Hilarious! Your bee card is lovely! I never get the bee sets and then you always make gorgeous cards with them and I'm sorry I didn't get them. When will I learn?!?

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, your card is fabulous! I love the embossed panel and the beautiful DSP for the panel. I love the gold been and the little gold enamel dots. The sentiment is perfect! That moth Is incredible. I don't think I have ever seen one like it! WOW! And all those bees on your hummingbird feeder is unreal. I guess they all want that sugar. Great post!

Ann Schach said...

What a lovely card, LeAnne! The metallic bee steals the show! The paper choice was perfect. Thank you for rocking my challenge with your bee-lightful card!

Rachel D said...

Your bee is magnificent, LeAnne! And I love the DSP - sooo pretty. I think my cat would even be scared of that moth lol Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC&S!

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, I'm with you on the bee stuff, and yours is wonderful - what a great idea to use two different metallics for the bee. And, yes, Mary is correct - that's 2 moths doing their "thing"!

Jaydee said...

Ok... THAT MOTH IS EVERYTHING!!!!! I've never seen one of those - how incredible. Love the bees coming to your hummingbird feeder. We had lots of wasps but never bees. And... I am with you on the bees. I love them IRL and in crafting. That DSP is wonderful and the perfect backdrop for your bee. The gold adds just the perfect touch of shimmer and shine
hugs
jaydee

Tarabeth Stamps said...

I love your use of gold foil! Beautiful card! TFS

Anne Marie Hile said...

So elegant with the gold foil detail! Love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

This bold golden bee is amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S