Sunday, August 6, 2023

PP652 Happy Summertime

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge with the charming Claire as our hostess! She has an awesome theme challenge for us this week, and it was just in time for me, because I have been waiting a year to play with a certain set of stamps, LOL!  Here we go:

To be honest, I've had these stamps for a year, but they were a wee bit intimidating to me (SO many little teeny weeny pieces) but I put my big-girl panties on and went to work!


These "Destination Summer" stamps are from The Greetery, and they are known for their detailed images!  I began by using the Destination Waterfront stencil, using Soft Seafoam and Pool Party for the land and sea.  I then basically copied the inspiration guide on the packaging, changing the colors and adding the sentiment in the center.  Once I got the hang of how these stamps "behaved", I had an easier time of it! A stamp positioner is definitely needed!!  The umbrella and sailboat are not quite as clear as some of the other images; I discovered the stamps needed a little preparation (I lightly used an eraser on them before stamping), and I used a Versamark pad on each one before inking it with my spot ink pad (much easier than full-size ink pads).  I had a wet Stamp Shammy handy and I cleaned each one off and put it back on the acrylic sheet before going to the next one....I didn't want to lose any of those tiny pieces!  Anyway, after it was all stamped, I used the Stitched With Whimsy die and mounted it on an Azure Afternoon card base.


I just love that little cactus! In fact, I love all these little images...they all invoke lots of fun things reminiscent of summer! Now that I have the hang of them, I think I will be less intimidated and may give these another try...I have dies to go with them, maybe I'll use them next! And since the As You See It Challenge is what you like about summer, I am entering it there!  I like summer because I get to go to the BEACH!!!  And eat ICE CREAM!  Yum!

I'm also going to enter it at Sunday Stamps, because I got most of these colors in there as well!


I think there are lots of ideas you could do with a summer-time theme!  I hope you'll check out what the DT created over at the Paper Players blog, and share your summery card with us there as well!

I have more birthday cards to share, but since I have a summery card today, I thought I'd share some more summery family pictures:




Thanks for visiting today---enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Destination Summer (The Greetery)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Azure Afternoon
 Ink Lots
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched With Whimsy Die, Blending Brushes, Destination Waterfront Stencil (The Greetery)

25 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What a cute card and lovely pics of fam. Have a blessed day.

Carol L said...

I'm just amazed at how you put this fun card together with all those images and fun color patches! It's fantastic and so much fun! And those smiling faces of your family say it all! Happy Summer!

I Card Everyone said...

I completely understand, LeAnne! I have this set and think I've only used it once - not because I don't like it, but because it takes more time than I often have to spare!
You did a fantastic job aligning all those layers - I probably used the packaging as a guide, too. It's always the way to go first time around.
I love your look at Summertime - and the look of it on your family is so good!
=]

Wendy said...

This card has to be the best summertime card, ever! Love the little images and the stenciled background. Also love the added stitching from the Stitched With Whimsy Dies!! Super fun card for your challenge, LeAnne! Looks like the kids had a beautiful vacation! TFS and have a great day! :)

Tracy Grauer said...

Your card is wonderful with those teeny tiny images! Good job!. Do the dies cut out those teeny tiny images? Oh my! You have a beautiful family!

Heather said...

Love this, LeAnne! I think you did a wonderful job - I have been admiring this set from a distance for a while now - brava to you for taking it on! Love this card so much, and ALL the fun summer activities! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Lisa Elton said...

You worked your magic with all those itty bitty pieces parts! This is extra cute, LeAnne, just like your family!

Jan Clothier said...

Goodness, they do look like a detailed set! However tricky, it was worth the effort because this is fabulous! It's like a road map to summer. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It again, LeAnne.

Claire Broadwater said...

Leanne, this is so perfect for summer fun! All these destinations look like fun to me! I appreciate all the time you spent making this fabulous card! Looks like lots of summer fun at your house! I hope you had the best birthday, too! YOU ROCKED MY CHALLENGE THIS WEEK!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Love the ink blended background! Perfect card for summertime! TFS

Heather Cooper said...

I'm with you, LeAnne! I have a phobia about stamp sets with dozens of tiny images - not sure why! So extra credit to you for taking the initiative to overcome your fears! What great scenes they created - worth the effort, for sure! Thanks for filling in our blank at As You See It Challenges!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, YOur card is so fun. I love the map and all the little images. It was definitely worth your effort. Oh, and that stitching- love it!

Deborah Wheeler said...

THat's so brilliant LeAnne - it really evokes activity-filled summer days out! Thanks for sharing your summer favourites with us at As You See It

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

I remember seeing this release and thinking, "Nope!" It's adorable, but seems like a lot of work. Many of their sets are labor-intensive. However, like you said, once you use it a time or two, it's easy peasy! You created a beautiful card!! It's like a fun, summer-y treasure map!!

dj said...

Fantastic take on our color combo with your adorable "map" card!! Thanks for playing along with our "Summer Vibes" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! -Deb Horst, DT #SS315

Linda Callahan said...

Yep lots of pieces but the results are worth it! This card is fabulous! Such a wonderful beachy scene!

Ida said...

Super fun card. It definitely shouts summer fun.

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this card with its retro vibe (I hate it when someone uses "vibe", but here I am!). These look like images out of the 50s, and you put it together perfectly to suggest a mid-century postcard! Also, your family members all look very healthy and "sun-kissed!
Xoxo, Fran

Ann Schach said...

This is one of my favorite cards ever, LeAnne! I love the retro look of it. These little images are as cute as can be, especially stamped in these colors. I absolutely LOVE it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just LOVE this card LeAnne - so many fun summertime details!! Lots of effort to put together I'm sure but so worth it!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card, LeAnne! I'm glad you busted out this fabulous stamp set. You really made it shine with your card, too.

Heidi Baks said...

OMG this is adorable! I love how this feels like a touristy placemat when you go out to eat on vacation. So fun! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is one set I don't have from The Greetery and seeing your card makes me wonder why. What a fabulous card to celebrate summer. Stunning.
hugs
jaydee

Johanna said...

This is a fabulous summer themed card and you did a brilliant job of putting it all together.

Jane Knudsen said...

LeAnne...this is fun fun fun and I am loving the stamps you used. That cactus is really pretty sweet! Adorable! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!