Friday, August 4, 2023

GDP405 Sea Turtles and a True Confession

Happy Friday, peeps! My card today was a bit of an experiment but since it didn't turn out too awfully bad, I went with it!  It uses the color palette at Global Design Project:


Now, here's my confession (don't hate me)....I really do not care for either Wild Wheat or Pebbled Path.  Having been a demo for over 20 years, I've seen my share of colors, 99% of them I have been okay with.  These two....well, let's just say I have to force myself to use them!  I LOVE Boho Blue, so at least they got that one right.  But of all the possible colors that whoever the powers-that-be at SU could have chosen as In Colors, I think they certainly could have picked better ones! And I would be interested in what my readers think....I know Shawn likes Pebbled Path, so I'll try to get used to that one, LOL!   

Okay, rant over....I am accepting the challenge to use these colors!  I got some new fun stamps recently and since I am still practicing my heat embossing,  I put the colors, some white craft ink and embossing powder and a little Sea Turtle to work:


Each turtle was stamped in White Craft ink and heat embossed with White embossing powder, then diecut with the largest banner die from Nested Essentials.  This is a reversible stamp set, which means you can use either side of the images; one is detailed, the other is a block image.  I used the block image of the bubbles with Versamark ink to create a background on each banner, then added some Faceted Gems on each one as well:


I added a sentiment from Inked & Tiled, diecut with a Timeless Arrangment die and popped it up in the middle.


Everything went on a card base that was embossed with the Twisted Rope embossing folder.  I will try giving this color combo another go later....that was enough Wild Wheat for me for one day!  Thanks for popping in!

A few more birthday greetings!  This pretty one is from Tracy:


I don't have these papers or this stamp set, so this will go in my sample box!!  And Michele KNOWS how much I love my birds....this card is a treasure:


And this fun hourglass card is from Kathy...her embossing is PERFECT!

Thanks, ladies!  I have treasured looking at these over and over!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sea Turtle, Inked & Tiled
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pebbled Path, Boho Blue, Wild Wheat
 Ink Pebbled Path, Craft White, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals, Faceted Gems (ret), White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Twisted Rope Embossing Folder, Nested Essentials Dies, Timeless Arrangments Dies, Heat Tool

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I think you're card is wonderful. Fantastic job of embossing. I haven't used this set yet. I am not a fan of Pebbled Path but I do like the others, especially Wild Wheat! Can we still be friends? LOL!

I Card Everyone said...

You, and any of your SU friends that don't like this Pebbled Path can send it ALL my way! and the Wild Wheat too, for that matter!!
You got over it, LeAnne, and created such incredible cute little wet spots for your turtles!
I can't imagine anyone else who'd love that bird more - okay maybe Mr. Elton. Glad you enjoyed it and are still celebrating!
=]

mary said...

not a fan of that color either. the only thing i would use it for is--wheat!

Barb R said...

Love your embossed turtles, even if they have to be stranded on those two unlovable colors! Lol. Wild Wheat reminds me too much of Summer Starfruit😝
I’ll tolerate the Pebbled Path and do like the Boho Blue; however, combine the Boho Blue with Moody Mauve and I’m back in the 80’s with ruffled drapes and wallpaper galore!! Lol. But I still love SU! and your blog. Thanks for sharing! ❤️

Tracy Grauer said...

Well, your card is beautiful, LeAnne! Those colors worked well together. I think every color can have a place whether we love it or not. Lets just say I like those colors. They are not to the LOVE level yet! LOL!

Bonnie said...

I agree with you LeAnne! Not my favorite colors but you have used them perfectly! They all work beautifully with these sweet turtles!

Karen in Florida said...

I agree with you LeAnne. I'm not impressed with the new In Colors...too dark & dreary, except for Boho Blue. I'm a fan of almost ANY blue!
Anyone who is/has been a mom is probably not a fan of Wild Wheat (get what I'm saying?) ha!
I kinda like Copper Clay but don't have it yet.
Pebbled Path may be ok, since I like grays. It has a lot of brown in it tho.
Moody Mauve is similar to Sweet Sugarplum. Sugarplum is prettier.
There's my opinion! I always have an opinion. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I can manage Pebbled Path, but I am totally with you on Wild Wheat LeAnne - it is also too similar to Delightful Dijon, which I never cared for either!! I love your trio of embossed turtles - I think I'll be giving GDP a miss this week though!

Carol L said...

These colors would not be on my favorite list either, but I've got to hand it to you - you used them well on this fun little note card! I really do like that embossed background though :)

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

The whole time I was reading I was thinking, "I really like Pebbled Path!" Hahaha! Thanks for the shout out! I'm with you on the Wild Wheat. I reminds me too much of Summer Starfruit, which I did not like at all!! I'm seeing these in-colors in fashion and home decor all over the place, so I guess SU! is on-trend. (*insert shrug here*) Your card is great ..love those little turtles!!

Lisa Elton said...

So happy you pushed through those colors to give us this wonderful card! I like the layered banners and fun turtles! Michele is right, the hubs would enjoy that bird too!

Kim S said...

I'm with you on the colors - especially Wild Wheat. But your card is perfect with those colors - so maybe there's actually a place for them!!