Thursday, August 17, 2023

Just Do It Birthday

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Today is Cassidy's' 13th birthday! How did that happen?  She loves anything Nike, in fact they are doing back-to-school shopping today and the Nike store is their first stop!  So I made her a Nike-inspired birthday card:


I didn't have anything that looked like those little Nike swooshes, but I did have star dies, so I cut some out of cardstock in the Nike colors, then did the same with my Tim Holtz letters. Simple, nothing fancy...the only doodad was an orange dot for the exclamation point because the diecut was so tiny, it got lost somewhere in my craft room!  On the inside, I added sentiments from Biggest Wish and Endless Birthday Wishes, which is one of the very first photopolymet sets SU came out with...an oldie but goodie!


Her family party is Saturday, so she'll have to wait until then to get this!  

I am going to enter this at the Krafty Chicks this week, where they're looking for CAS!

And speaking of birthdays, here's Cass making a birthday card for her cousin using one of SU's card kits...putting it to good use!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!





Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Biggest Wish, Endless Birthday Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Sweet Sorbet, Starry Sky, Parakeet Party, Pumpkin Pie
 Ink Sweet Sorbet, Starry Sky, Parakeet Party, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories Orange Sequin
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Stars Die (Paper Rose), Alphanumeric Class Upper Dies (Tim Holtz)

9 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Crafting is all about stepping outside the box and using what you have. You nailed this!! I'm sure Cassidy will love it. I can NOT believe she is officially a TEENAGER!! Time needs to settle down. Wishing her a fabulous birthday! She's beyond blessed to have such an awesome Grandmom!!

Wendy said...

What a fun card, LeAnne! This is why I love creating our own cards because we can personalize them to the individual! Love how colorful this is and all those stars are awesome! The inside is just as nice with the little hearts and birthday cake! Miss Cassidy is 13!!! Man, time flies! I remember we were in Joplin when Dana had her. Biggest Happy Birthday Wishes to her and I hope she enjoys her day out shopping! Hugs~

I Card Everyone said...

Such a cool card, LeAnne! 13!! - we've heard so much about Cassidy [and it was so nice to meet her for reals!] I feel like I know her enough to know she will love that it isn't 'frilly!'
Happiest birthday Ms. C!!
=]

Carol L said...

I just LOVE this colorful and fun birthday card and I'm sure Cassidy did too! How is she a teenager already? My neighbor reminded me this morning that Labor day is only 2 weeks away and I couldn't believe it! Time really does fly! Happy Birthday to your beautiful little teen granddaughter :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Happy birthday to Cassidy! Clever, LeAnne! Oh to be 13 again...NOT! Have a blessed day.

Lisa Elton said...

Wishing Cassidy the happiest of birthdays! I think she's going to love her card, it's terrific! Love the photos you share of her and watching her grow up. 13 WOW!!

Tracy Grauer said...

Happy Birthday to Cassidy! What a beautiful girl you have there! Great card also!

Melanie Hungerford said...

That's sure to be a hit for a 13 year old fan of Nike! Love those colors you chose, thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Bright and cherry card for sure! Miss C is just blossoming - she is beautiful!