Friday, August 11, 2023

CAS Birthday

Happy Friday, peeps!  Yay, the weekend is upon us!  I've been watching Cassidy (well, she doesn't require much watching, if you know what I mean) so my routine is a little different and my stamping time has been a little limited.  Plus the tomatoes in the garden are calling my name, so they're taking up a bit of my time!  But I did get a chance yesterday to make a cute little CAS card for two challenges; the Inspired By has a fun alphabet challenge, and Just Add Ink wants clean and simple:



Cute!  I have had a set of Tim Holtz alphabet dies for a while and haven't given them much use, so now is the time! Here we go:


I took some scraps of Soak Up the Sun papers from Carta Bella and stuck some foam adhesive sheets on the back, then cut them out with the dies. I love the dimension the foam creates!  I added a sentiment from Biggest Wish, stamped in Bubble Bath, then added the Stitched With Whimsey stitching around the edge and a few sequins for sparkle:

A fun sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday was stamped on the inside.  This will be going to a sweet young lady at our church!

And this is the last of my birthday cards!  This pretty floral is from Carol:


And I knew right away this was Bonnie's beautiful style!


And this beauty is from Beth:


As my friend Karen said, I really stretched out my birthday with all these cards!  Thanks, everyone!  I am so happy you popped by today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Biggest Wish, Picture Perfect Birthday (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Soak Up the Sun DSP (Carta Bella), Foam Adhesive Sheets
 Ink Balmy Blue, Bubble Bath
Accessories Sequins from my Stash
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Alphanumerica Classic Upper Dies (Tim Holtz)

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Super fun birthday card today, LeAnne! Love the colors and the different paper patterns you used! The added dimension also makes them pop against the white card base. The Stitched With Whimsy Dies complete this beautifully! Loved seeing all your beautiful birthday cards! TFS

I Card Everyone said...

Perfectly clean, fresh, and simply beautiful!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

You do such beautiful CAS cards, LeAnne! I really struggle with those. Love the papers you used for the "happy" part of the sentiment. The foam really makes such a difference! You make me want the Stitched With Whimsy dies every time you use them!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this fun birthday card LeAnne - those diecut letters make a great impact! Not quite the last of the birthday cards either ... mine was late going in the mail, which allowing for transatlantic post too means you probably still won't receive it for ages, so keep stretching out those celebrations lol!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous papers and I love the skinny letters! This makes a fabulous birthday card for gals, guys, kids or teens!

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne, so glad you had a chance to join us....your CAS design is perfect for this weeks IB challenge! Thanks for playing along :) !!!

Carol L said...

How could you not be happy with all those colorful letters spelling out a fun birthday wish! Very clever and CAS card and I love the stitching too! Stretch your birthday out as long as you can because you'll have to wait another year for the next one LOL Happy weekend!

Nikki Spencer said...

Fabulous cards LeAnne! Your CAS card for this weeks JAI challenge is just perfect! Love the rainbow letters and clean yet interesting elements. Thanks so much for joining us this week. xx

~amy~ said...

Beautiful cards LeAnne! Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge and Happy Belated Birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the mix of patterns on the letters, this is cute!!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Your CAS card is so fun! Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

Laurel said...

Such wonderful cards as always. Love the colors on the Inspired By one!