Saturday, August 5, 2023

BYSH Vintage Christmas Sketch

Happy Saturday, peeps! Hope you have a nice weekend planned.  John and Wayne are going fishing on a party boat out of Rock Hall, Maryland, along with some other men from church, so I plan to do some crafting (what else!).  My card today is for the BYSH Cardmakers challenge for August, which is a sketch:

I have some pretty vintage Christmas papers from Simple Stories, and I used several for my creation:


There is only a wee bit of stamping on the front; a sentiment from a Simon Says Stamp called Joy to You & Yours:


All the other papers are from the pad; I did diecut a little stitched scalloped border with my Stitched Be Mine dies.  The inside has a sentiment from the same SSS set:

The hardest part of making this card was trying to choose which vintage pattern to use!  Thanks for popping in today!

A few more birthday cards; this refreshing creation is from my sweet friend Sally.  I just love those little lemons!


And some lotus blossoms from my long-time friend and church co-worker, Robyn:


And from my sweet club member Mollie; I just love these gorgeous daisies...the centers are so sparkly!


Thanks so much, ladies!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Joy To You & Yours (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Simple Vintage Christmas DSP (Simple Stories
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Evening Evergreen (ret)
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Be Mine Dies (ret)

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Simple Stories made these Vintage Christmas papers just for you, LeAnne - they sure are perfect! LOve these olive greens and all the holly reds!
=]

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous papers and holly image, LeAnne! Love the scalloped borders you tucked in! They really draw the eye!

Carol L said...

I really do like that big checkered dsp as a background for the holly sprig and the red panel at the bottom is just beautiful to finish this card! You received some beautiful birthday cards too and for some strange reason now I'm dying for a glass of lemonade?! LOL

Lisa Elton said...

I like the traditional look this has, it's lovely! Your crafty alone time was well spent!