Sunday, August 13, 2023

PP653 Fruitful Blessings

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Hope you're having a great weekend!  Anne Marie is our Paper Players challenge hostess this week and she has an interesting color challenge for us:


These colors really challenged me this week---I am all about those warm colors but Blackberry Bliss is not one that I normally gravitate to!  Usually when there is a color like that, I tend to use just a wee little bit of it!  But today I decided to go whole hog and featured Blackberry Bliss as my main color! Here we go:


I used the sketch from Try Stampin on Tuesday:


and a new stamp set that will be in the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog called Fruitful Blessings.  I stamped it in Blackberry Bliss ink while in my Stamparatus, then cleaned the stamp, leaving it on the plate, and inked it again with Versamark.  Then I heat-embossed the image with clear embossing powder and used an Aquapainter to color in the image.  I used watercolor paper and I think the ink bled a little bit, but I used it anyway!  I added some speckles and a little shading around the outside, then used a Deckle Edge die to cut it out.  I embossed a Blackberry Bliss card with the Leaf Fall embossing folder, added some various DSPs and a wee bit of stitched Daffodil Delight ribbon for the horizontal elements in the sketch, and finally, stamped the sentiment in Poppy Parade for the circular element.  A couple of yellow rhinestones finished the front:


I diecut another deckle-edged piece and added a sentiment and a pretty leaf on the inside to complete my card. This is a really pretty set of fall images and I look forward to playing with it more in the future!


The design team has done a fabulous job with these colors---they came up with some really original designs, so if you're looking for some inspiration, check out the Paper Players blog and see what inspires you!  Can't wait to see your creations!  

Last week Cassidy and I went down to our neighbor's pasture to give his donkey and horse some carrots.  Paco the donkey has been around for a while and in his old age, he's not real keen on people, and it took him a while to come close to the fence:


Even when Cassidy held out the carrot, he would not come all the way up to her, so she finally threw it in the pasture to see if he'd pick it up.  The doleful look on his face cracks me up!


Eventually, he deigned to pick it up and trotted off to eat it in peace.  I wish I had gotten a video of him trotting away, it was pretty funny!  Despite his fat little tummy, he was pretty spry!


The horse, on the other hand, was quite eager to take whatever we gave him...he cleaned us out of carrots!!  They're on our grocery list to be replenished!


Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

The Lord created the heavens by his command, the sun, moon, and stars by his spoken word.  He gathered all the seas into one place; he shut up the ocean depths in storerooms.  Worship the Lord, all the earth!  Honor him, all peoples of the world!  When he spoke, the world was created; at his command everything appeared.     Psalm 33:6-7

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Fruitful Blessings, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Blackberry Bliss, Watercolor, Sweet Sorbet, Blackberry Bliss DSP (ret), Country Gingham DSP (ret)
 Ink Versamark, Blackberry Bliss, Sweet Sorbet, Daffodil Delight, Calpyso Coral, Sahara Sand (ret)
Accessories Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Pretty Peacock Rhinestones (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Leaf Fall EF (available via Online Exclusives), Heat Tool, Deckle Edge Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies (ret)

14 comments:

Carol L said...

I love how you colored those pretty flowers and the background embossing is a wonderful compliment as well. Cute pics of the carrot-fetching horse and donkey too. I really miss having horses when I see pics like this :)

I Card Everyone said...

All of the colors are gorgeous with the Blackberry Bliss beautifully embossed card, LeAnne - and your water coloring is fantastic!
I wrote a book for my grandson about a donkey when he was 4 - gee I wonder if he still has it? So sweet of you to feed them your carrots, Cassidy!
=]

Laurie Unger said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch and I like how you used the color combo too. The embossing on the dark purple cardstock is wonderful. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

What a cute donkey - they can be hilarious. My neighbor had one that was very vocal and he made me laugh every day. I sure do miss hearing him.

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely! I like that you made Blackberry Bliss your focus, it sets the other colors off beautifully! Cute pics, I can't get over how fast Cassidy has grown up!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is a great card! Your coloring is beautiful. I very rarely use Blackberry Bliss. I need to participate in this challenge for sure!! Love the donkey pics!! I pass two on my way to work every day ...they are sooo cute!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love that you showcased Blackberry Bliss. It's a color I rarely use but when I see it wonder why I haven't used it more often. Fabulous card and I'm amazing at how quickly Cassidy is growing up!
hugs
jaydee

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, what a beautiful card you created using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! I love the colors and your use of the Blackberry Bliss as your main color. I had never thought about using Versamark to "contain" the aqua painter colors, thanks for the tip!! -Donna

Ann Schach said...

What a pretty card, LeAnne! The embossed Blackberry Bliss card base gives such yummy texture. I love how you used the challenge colors. Oh my gosh, Paco the Donkey is adorable. I would be feeding him carrots every day!

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, I can't say enough nice things about this card! The water colored image is gorgeous, but then it's backed by that beautiful deep-toned purple and set off with wonderful embellishments. I could keep going...
Xoxo, Fran

lichazul said...

Lovely card 💐 congrats
Happy day

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, That stamp set is one of my new favorites. It works great with these colors. All of the elements you used came together to make a truly beautiful card.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! I love how the deep background really makes the colors pop. The embossing adds so much awesome detail!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the embossed Blackberry Bliss background here - it highlights your pretty watercoloured flowers beautifully. Great card LeAnne!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne, and I love the watercolor on it too!