Monday, August 21, 2023

All About Autumn DSP Is Beautiful

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend! Ours was busy but fun!  Today is Stamp Camp day, so housekeeping is in my cards, LOL!  But first, a couple of cards that I created over the weekend while playing with my new holiday mini catalog goodies.  The All About Autumn DSP is gorgeous!  Lots of beautiful photograpic papers as well as some pretty metallics and awesome masculine patterns.

First, I made a simple "hello" card using these amazing papers...who knew you could use pink and mauve for LEAVES?!!!  Really, my pictures don't do it justice.  Check it out:


Just a layer of DSP, cut with a Stitched Rectangle die, and a mat of Bubble Bath, also diecut, on top of a Moody Mauve card.  I did do a little heat embossing in gold on Early Espresso and diecut it with a Countryside Corners die, then added a pretty mauve and copper-foil DSP mat as well. It's hard to tell but I colored the gold pearls with a  Rococco Rose Blend to give them more of a mauve color too!


Since I still had a little piece of that DSP left, I used it to create another card (my favorite of the two!):


I used the sketch from Try Stampin on Tuesday:


and I used another Moody Mauve metallic pattern for the vertical piece.  Both layers are matted with another gorgeous surprise that I missed in the regular catalog, Soft Shimmer specialty paper; this one is in Bubble Bath and is oh-so-pretty IRL!



I didn't want to hide that pretty leaf, so I created a Basic Black diecut circle and stamped a sentiment from Cottage Wreaths on some vellum for my sentiment.   The white card is embossed with the Leaf Fall embossing folder to continue the fall feel of my card.  You'll definitely be seeing more of these papers in the future!

So the new teenager's party was over the weekend!  I loved Dana's decorations (even her African violet got in on the purple decor!):



And the card got a so-so reception!  She really doesn't like people watching her open her gifts so she was a bit subdued!  I do have a few more pix I'll show in the coming week!  She starts school on the 28th!  Yikes!


Thanks for visiting today..enjoy it and be blessed!


First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Fruitful Blessings
Card stock & Papers     Moody Mauve, Bubble Bath, Early Espresso, All About Autumn DSP
 Ink Gold Encore
Accessories Gold Embossing Powder, Festive Pearls
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Countryside Corner Dies, Rococco Rose Blend (ret), Heat Tool

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cottage Wreaths
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black,  Bubble Bath Soft Shimmer Specialty, Vellum, All About Autumn DSP
 Ink Stazon Black
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Leaf Fall Embossing Folder

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

These cards are just gorgeous, LeAnne. Best of luck in the challenge. Of course, you know I LOVE the purple party!

Wendy said...

Still cannot believe that Miss Cassidy is 13!!! Happy belated Birthday to her! Your Fall cards are every bit of lovely, LeAnne! I played around with these papers last week and loved the realistic pictures on them. It was hard to chose either the picture side or the metallic design side! Love the Moody Mauve & Bubble Bath on your cards! TFS and have a great day! :)

Bonnie said...

More pretty papers, LeAnne! They mix so beautifully with the gold metallic designs! Cassidy is such a beautiful young lady!

I Card Everyone said...

Too often we forget to turn leaves over. There's sometimes a pleasant surprise of color on the other side - magnolia leaves are a perfect example.
SU and the photographer captured those colors beautifully in this paper, LeAnne - and you capitalized on it! Just like Dana capitalized on the color of her violets!
Have fun at Camp today!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Those leaves are marvelous and I love the pink shades you added! Pretty cards, LeAnne and a pretty 13 year old!

Polly said...

Beautiful cards and such pretty papers and embossing folder! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, your card is GORGEOUS! I love the way you embossed the background, then minimized the other elements to allow that beautiful leaf paper show through!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity once again with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
-Donna

Anna said...

What a great set of cards. I love the leafy patterned paper, and the texture you added to the card--it makes it so classy! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, TSOT Design Team