Tuesday, August 22, 2023

LIM490 Pick of the Patch

Happy Tuesday, peeps! A real simple card today for the Less Is More challenge, which is ORANGE!  


In my high school yearbook, under our senior pictures, we would list our likes and dislikes.  In the "likes" category, I listed orange since it was my favorite color! And I still love all the shades of it.  So I decided to do a lineup of pumpkins in various shades of orange and use the new Pick of the Patch set.  In hindsight I might do this a bit differently, but as usual when using a set for the first time, it's a bit of a trial and error! So here we go:


Before inking up my stamps in various shades of orange, I stamped them all on pieces of Masking Paper and cut them out.  Then I stamped, masked and layered them to create my pumpkin lineup.  I realize the ones on the end look a bit pink, but I used Grapefruit Grove and Calypso Coral inks so they are definitely in the orange family!  I also used Pumpkin Pie, Crisp Cantalope and Cajun Craze.  My leaves and tendrils were stamped in Crumb Cake and I had to add that cute little black crow and fun sentiment in Memento Black:


I did add a few little speckles and called it done!

I got an email several days ago from a blogging friend who said she was sending Cassidy a gift; she'd had it for a long time but finally mailed it off!  On Saturday, just before going to Cassidy's party, I got a box in the mail....it was pretty battered but still intact, and it was from Marina in ALGERIA!  And look at this adorable gift inside:


A cute little stuffed camel, complete with saddle and reins with little ball fringe!  SO cute!  I knew he would get lost in her bedroom, so I brought him home and put him in her bedroom here.  Doesn't he look comfy against my ORANGE pillow, LOL?!  


His little eyes are closed, so I am sure he is resting comfortably!  Thanks, Marina!  And thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Because the Lord is righteous and good, he teaches sinners the path they should follow.  He leads the humble in the right way and teaches them his will.  With faithfulness and love he leads all who keep his covenant and obey his commands.  Psalms 25:8-10

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Pick of the Patch, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White
 Ink Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Memento Black, Crisp Cantalope (ret), Grapefruit Grove (ret)
Accessories
Tools    

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I happen to LOVE orange, too! Your pumpkin patch couldn't be cuter - I'd pick that wonky one on the right in this wonderful salmon shade of orange!
This camel is amazing - love his moveable legs, and darling saddle! He looks right at home in Cassidy's room in YOUR house on that fun pillow!
=]

Bonnie said...

Orange has always been one of my favorite colors too and I think that's one reason I love fall! Your lineup of pumpkins is what I'd like to see on my front porch! What a sweet gift for Cassidy and he looks awesome against the orange pillow!

Barb R said...

Another orange lover here! I had totally overlooked this stamp set and your card is absolutely adorable, as is Cassidy’s camel!! Stamping is such a wonderful hobby! 🧡🧡🧡

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cute! I like your multi shades of orange pumpkins! How sweet of Marina to think of Cassidy and make her that darling camel. He looks right at home on that orange pillow!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Super cute! It looks like I need to add another set to my wish list!

Kathyk said...

The LIM theme of orange is simply perfect for your chosen Halloween card, lovely make

Kathyk

Vicky Hayes said...

What a brilliant card LeAnne! I love those graphic-style pumpkins and your masking is superb. That little cheeky crow is adorable too and the speckles above the pumpkins add that touch of magic! Marina's little stuffed camel gift for Cassidy is adorable! Vicky x

Wendy said...

Oh, this is adorable, LeAnne! Love all the different colored pumpkins and your masking is spot on! Super cute! :)

perfectly4med said...

Wow - such a lot of work for a great card. Lovely combination of techniques, great masking and perfect colour choices. Thanks for joining us at Less is More :)
Neil