Thursday, August 10, 2023

FMS598 Best Wishes

Happy Thursday, all! I have a quick card using the challenge colors from  CAS Colours & Sketches and the sketch from FMS:

And yes, I used the (dreaded) Wild Wheat!  Here we go:


Nature's Prints provided everything I needed for my card; I stamped my foliage in Cajun Craze, Pecan Pie and a very faint Wild Wheat, then added the sentiment in Wild Wheat.  I embossed the whole piece with Timeworn Type and did some "antiquing" with Wild Wheat ink as well.  My final embellishment were a few sequins at the top (difficult to see, but they're there!):


and a wee bit of Wavy Trim at the bottom:


Thanks for popping in today!

A few more birthday greetings:

This pretty blue creation, using some of my favorite papers, is from Sandy:


And this pastel pretty is from my upline, Pennie:


And this gorgeous floral is from Tracy:


Thanks so much!!!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Nature's Prints, Quiet Meadow (speckles)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Wild Wheat, Pecan Pie
 Ink Wild Wheat, Pecan Pie, Cajun Craze
Accessories Wavy Trim, Loose Silver Sequins, Dimensional Strips
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Timeworn Type EF, Sponge Dauber

14 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is so pretty!! Timeworn Type is one of my favorite embossing folders of all time. I really like the subtle sequins, too.

I Card Everyone said...

I happen to think those colors are gorgeous, and you've used them so beautifully together, LeAnne! A wonderful card - looks like Fall and cooler weather!
=]

Colleen Begley said...

A lovely FMS card with those colors. I love the details too.

Wendy said...

Ohhhh, I love it, LeAnne! Wild Wheat looks wonderful on your card and gives a Fall feel to it! Well done!!! All your birthday cards are so pretty! Your one special lady! :)

Bonnie said...

I'm warming up to the Wild Wheat, I think! It goes beautifully with the leaves and the other colors! A nice Fallish look! Pretty leaves too!

Kampin' Karen said...

Wow, you are really stretching out your birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

This is wispy and wonderful! You used the colors perfectly, LeAnne!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this LeAnne - a fabulous take on the CC&S colours and the addition of the texture really elevates this card into something special. Gorgeous (and the WW isn't dominant either - bonus!)

sentsue said...

Beautiful work and lots of textures going on. Thank you for sharing your card on the CC&S Challenge.

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful cards! I love the texture and nature theme on your FMS card this week! Thanks for joining us again!

Jen Timko said...

Love the vintage feel to your card. So pretty with the botanicals. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think Wild Wheat looks like a pretty great color! I love this combo of colors and the texture on this card is amazing! I love this card!

Karren said...

The embossing behind these foliage images adds such a subtle but effective element to your fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Beautiful card - I love how you combined the 2 challenges - works beautifully for this color challenge. I am absolutely with you in terms of the "dreaded Wild Wheat"! Thanks for joining us at CC&S