Saturday, August 12, 2023

Floral Sympathy

 Happy Saturday, peeps! Sadly, I needed a sympathy card this week, so I went looking for some challenges that would give me some inspiration! I took the sketch from TGIF and paired it with the Double D challenge of Anything Goes.  They are collaborating with Altenew and their stencils, which are optional, but since the images that I used just happened to be Altenew, I decided to add a little stenciling too!


And here's my card:


My florals are from Garden Treasure, and I used some retired DSP for the bottom panel.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Black, then diecut with a Stitched Labels die.  I very lightly stenciled some Bubble Bath polka dots on the card base around the flower:


and added a little banner of the new Grosgrain Ribbon:


A Stamp Simply verse was stamped on the inside:


Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Cassidy did a little fishing with Wayne last week and had some success:

Hard to believe she'll be thirteen next week!  


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Special Moments (ret), Garden Treasure (Altenew), Farmhouse Scriptural Thoughts (Stamp Simply)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Garden Green DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black, Bubble Bath, Flirty Flamingo, Poppy Parade, Soft Seafoam, Garden Green, Mint Macaron (ret)
Accessories White Grograin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Basic Pattern Decorative Masks (Stencils, ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Labels Dies, Blending Brush

6 comments:

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous card you've made to express sympathy. I love this one! How is it possible Cassidy is already a teenager? And she fishes too! LOL How cute is that picture of her :)

I Card Everyone said...

Doesn't Altenew have the most wonderful leaves? and the details in the layers of your flower are so perfectly placed, LeAnne! LOve the pink and red - and those sweet little pink 'bubbles' and ribbon too!
Way to go Cassidy!
=]

Barbara said...

This is a very classy sympathy card. I am so inspired by your design and use of the backgrounds. Thank you so much for joining us at Double D Challenge.

Bonnie said...

That little bit of stenciling adds a lot, LeAnne! Such a pretty flower and it plays perfectly with the patterned paper! So pretty! Our little girls are growing up way too fast!

Diane said...

Beautiful, love the soft stenciling behind the beautiful flower!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Kampin' Karen said...

I just found this in my Yahoo spam! Glad I looked before I automatically deleted everything! She is such a beauty, as is the fish and especially your card! 13...where have the years gone?