Wednesday, August 23, 2023

FMS600 Happy Hallo-scream

Hey there, stamping friends!  Today is a VERY special day!  Freshly Made Sketches has reached a milestone 600 posts!  And a few of us are chipping in to help them celebrate!  I have been a big fan of FMS for as long as they've been around, started by the talented Lesley Croghan!  So let's get right to it!  Here's the fabulous sketch they're using for the celebration today:

When I saw the circular element, my mind went to Cottage Wreaths, and I wanted to get a start on my Halloween cards, so here we go:


I stamped the wreath in Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso and diecut it with a circle die.  I found some black and white gingham to create my bow, then added a little diecut spider to spooky it up a bit!  A fine-tip black marker created the cobweb from which it's hanging!


My sentiment is from a very old set called Fangtastic...isn't it a hoot?  I heat embossed it in white on Basic Black cardstock and diecut it with the Stylish Shapes dies.  The inside sentiment is from another oldie called Eat, Drink & Be Scary, and I punched it out with some equally-as-old punches!


My horizontal panel is some Pumpkin Pie DSP and I mounted everything on a panel embossed with an old Spiderweb embossing folder!  I love this layout and I loved giving some old as well as current goodies some use! I do hope you'll play along with the Freshly Made Sketches 600th sketch this week as they celebrate!  Woohoo!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cottage Wreaths, Fangtastic (ret), Eat, Drink & Be Scary (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie DSP
 Ink Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Stazon Black
Accessories Dimensionals, Gingham Ribbon (ret), White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Circles Dies (ret), Stylish Shapes Dies, Spiderweb Embossing Folder (ret), Heat Tool. Fine-Tip Black Marker, Large Tag Punch (ret), Small Tag Punch (ret)

19 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Love this card! Yet another set you are making me want!!! I really like how it's very pretty ...but still spooky.

Amy O said...

What a fun Halloween card! I'm so glad you joined us for the FMS celebration and thank you for inspiring us with your beautiful creations in the FMS gallery. One way I know that this challenge has been around for a long time is looking at this picture of Cassidy and how I can't believe how much she's grown since I started with this team. She's now a beautiful young lady!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, it's such a beautiful Halloween card!! There are those lovely dashes again! SO fabulous in orange!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

I love your card! Very creative of you to use a "Fall/Christmas" wreath for Halloween! The spider is the perfect (icky) accent.
I have the Spider Web EF. Thanks for the reminder to use it!

Rose Thygesen said...

Love it!

Nancy B said...

Thank you for using retired stamp sets, especially from years and years ago, with current sets. I have so many! I have been following you for years as well. I like your easy to follow style too.

Bonnie said...

A great Halloween card, LeAnne! Love the background strip and the fun spider!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the big embossed web! This is terrific, LeAnne. Congrats on guesting!

Kim S said...

Such a clean and fresh card yet with so many fun details - from the layered wreath, to the cute little spider to the web in the background! Thank you for playing along with FMS over the years with all of your fabulous cards!

Carol L said...

This is such a great Halloween card with that great embossing and fun wreath! That's a seriously fun sentiment too, along with a beautiful photo of Cassidy (who looks a lot like her Mom these days)

Wendy said...

I so love this, LeAnne! Cottage Wreaths is my favorite sets! So versatile and easy to use. Love the colors & design on this! The spider & bow are nice additions! :)

Linda Callahan said...

I love Cottage Wreaths! This is fabulous for Halloween - and fun! Adorable card! So glad you were our guest!

Ida said...

Congrats on being a "Guest Designer" for this milestone challenge.
Love this Halloween card. The spider was just the right extra touch for this (not to spooky) Halloween card.

Jen Mitchell said...

How could a celebration of FMS sketches be complete without you? I'm so glad you joined us for our 600th sketch! I love this Halloween card! The name of that wreath stamp doesn't sound like it is a Halloween one, but you made it work! And that cobweb background is so awesome!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous fun, clean and fresh design, LeAnne! So happy to have you guest designing for our milestone challenge at FMS.

Karren said...

What a fun Halloween card and the texture of the embossing folder adds so much interest! Thanks for guesting for our 600th challenge.

Jen Timko said...

This is simply fabulous! Love the wreath for the sketch and what a fun one it is. The crazy thing is that we have all watched Cassidy grow over the years of this challenge. Thank you for all the inspiration over the years and for joining us in our 600th sketch celebration!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun Halloween card LeAnne! I love the embossed spider web and that wreath is perfect! I cannot forget that cute little spider either! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

I confess I'm not a great fan of Halloween, but your card is an exception, I love how clean and fun it is. I love the wreath and with the gingham bow and that cute spider too! Thanks so much for being our guest to celebrate the 600th sketch milestone.