Monday, August 14, 2023

LIM489 A Little Hi From Me

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you had a good weekend!  I have an uber-easy, CAS note card today for the Less Is More one-layer photo challenge:


Isn't that a sweet inspiration photo?  It made me instantly think of one of my favorite SU stamps called Garden Pleasures....it has a sweet little straw hat and some wee little birdies!  So here we go:


I warned you it was uber-easy and CAS!  I stamped each image in Saddle Brown Stazon, then watercolored them with ink and an aquapainter.  I added a wee little bit of shading using an oval stencil and a blending brush.  I added some speckles too, very lightly stamped in Lemon Lolly ink:


Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Special Moments next to a little bird at the bottom of the card:


Cutie patootie!  Thanks for popping in today!

Saturday night ice cream night---even for the pups!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Garden Pleasures (ret), Special Moments (ret), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Very Vanilla
 Ink Saddle Brown Stazon, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Lemon Lolly, Hello Honey (ret)
Accessories
Tools     Aquapainter, Blending Brush

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Super sweet CAS card, LeAnne! I love how you put the shading around the hat once you had it colored. It just makes the hat stand out more. And that little bird is just the cutest! We had ice cream night last night! The weather was nice and the place was packed! Looks like the doggies enjoyed it, too!

Kampin' Karen said...

What a wonderful job of watercoloring. That must be an old stamp. Pups do love ice cream. Dana is so good at taking selfies. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

Darling card, LeAnne! I think I remember this one and think it is timeless!
Speaking of - any old night at all can turn into ice cream night!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Sweet card. Love that tiny bird 😊

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Ahhh! I remember this set. That little bird in the bottom corner is soooo cute!! I really like the colors you used. Great pics of Dana, Wayne, and Cassidy ..and the puppers! Ours love ice cream, too!

Beth Kochheiser said...

Love that simple card. Only stamping! Sometimes I just want to do that…forget all the die cutting, embossing, etc., etc. And your cards shows how beautiful that can be. Thanks!
PS. I also can’t stand Wild Wheat and Pebbled Path!!

Lisa Elton said...

That little hat is too sweet! Cute cards, LeAnne! Cute pics ;)

Kathyk said...

Very cute make and some lovely pix too

Kathyk

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a lovely sweet card with a great summer vibe. Thank you for sharing with us at LIM. I love your pups I too have a chihuahua plus a mini pincher and a french bulldog and guess who rules the roost !

Marie

Linda Callahan said...

Super sweet - and I have never met a pup who didn't like ice cream!