Sunday, August 27, 2023

PP655 Boo To You

Hi there, friends! I am the hostess today at the Paper Players and I have a nice, easy basic sketch for you to try! It's so basic, I made two cards! Actually I made three, but I'll only share two today!  So here's the sketch:

I just got some really fun Halloween papers from Echo Park called Spooky, and they have scrapbook elements as well as printed papers, so this card was REALLY easy, and other than the inside sentiment, has no stamping!  Check it out:


I diecut my little ghost from a Stylish Shapes die, then mounted it on top of a starry panel, diecut with Scalloped Contour dies.  It all went on a seasonal orange and black plaid piece!  Instead of a bow, I decided to go with some narrow ribbon and a little black glimmer star; it's less bulky and I like how it mimics the stars in the paper!


I stamped a sentiment from Pick of the Patch in Cajun Craze on the inside, and it was done!


For my second card, I switched gears and sped right up to Christmas!  I had been looking through some supplies from last year and came across this cute Santa from the Santa Express Memories & More pack, so I cut him out, added a stenciled background with some festive twine, then mounted him on another Echo Park paper called Santa Claus Lane:


I found a little "ho ho ho" stamp in my stash, and added that as well as a little gold glimmer star on his hat!


I hope you'll have some fun with my sketch this week!  Check out what the others did over at the Paper Players blog, and share yours with us too!  I'll be going on a little bloggy break this week, but I'll be checking out what you create!  Thanks for popping in today; enjoy it and be blessed!

This little critter would have been appropriate for last week's challenge; I found it on my driveway:


It's called a common whitetail....don't those wings look like they could be used at the Indy 500? Wowza!  And then John found this last week behind our shed, while he was mowing:


Yikes!  We need to stay clear of that until winter! But isn't nature fun?!

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Pick of the Patch
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Spooky DSP (Echo Park), Black Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Cajun Craze
Accessories Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon (ret), Black Dimensionals, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Small Star Punch (ret)

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps December Days (Pinkfresh)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Garden Green, Sweet Sorbet, Gold Glimmer (ret), Santa Express Memories & More Card Pack (ret)
 Ink Garden Green, Real Red
Accessories Baker's Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contour Dies, Layering Square Dies (ret), Stylish Shapes Dies, Blending Brush, Knit Wits Stencil (The Greetery), Sports Event Dies (ret, star)

15 comments:

Carol L said...

That's a great sketch for both of your cards and each one is perfect for the occasion. I'm always fascinated with how a tiny creature like a bee or wasp can create those sturdy hives so quickly! Nature is amazing, I agree.

Kampin' Karen said...

Love the Halloween cards! I immediately thought racing when I saw the dragonfly pic. How cool was that!! the wasp nest, not so much!! Have a blessed day.

Bonnie said...

This is a sweet Halloween card, LeAnne. A brilliant idea to use a sparkly star instead of a bow! Love that Santa! He looks like he just ate the best cookie ever. You always get such good nature pictures!

Wendy said...

Both cards today are super cute, LeAnne! How fast & easy to create! Love when we can let the papers do all the work! The Halloween card is my favorite with those fun papers and cute little ghost. The Santa card is adorable and again the papers just make for a great card! Never have I ever seen a bug like that and definitely steer clear of the bee hive. It is rather neat to look at....from a distance! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, both of your cards are so adorable! I'll say it again: you have the BEST dsps in town!
If memory serves, that shed is very close to your porch - and this is 'behind the shed?' That's nature getting a little too close to home! But isn't it amazing what a little hornet spit can build? We see these hornets chewing our deck all the time for 'building materials!'
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

What a fun sketch and your cards are great! Oh my! Nature is so amazing! That insect looks unreal! and the hive is just a work of art!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little ghost! Too darling cards, LeAnne. That dragonfly looks like it's body is made of metal, how cool. The hornet's nest is cool too... but sounds a little too close for comfort! Our neighbor had one (about a foot long!) hanging from under the slide going into his pool ~ yikes!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, I love that sweet little ghost. It is a halloween card that makes me smile. Suzy

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love your cards. This sketch if fabulous for all occasions. You know I love Halloween cards, but this Santa is so great! I love the glitter stars on both cards. SO FUN!!!!!

Ida said...

LeAnne both of your cards are wonderful. That little Ghost is so cute and I love the star embellishment you used. - Your Christmas card is fun and festive. - What a great sketch.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne...both of your cards are fabulous! The ghost on the Halloween card is as cute as can be. These are amazing papers. The ribbon treatment with the star is perfect. Of course, I am such a pushover for Santa, and this one from the Memory & More pack is one of my faves! Thank you for the awesome sketch...I can't wait to play with it again!

Fran Wing said...

Hello, LeAnne. All of my comments from yesterday seem to not have shown up, so I'll just try this again. Both of your cards are really cute and show how different two cards can be using the same sketch but different papers. What a great idea!
Xoxo, Fran

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I'm so glad you left that nest be - many wouldn't have. As for your whitetail, how amazing is that!!!! Oh... on to your cards. I love both of them and can't decide which is my favorite. I love the mix of stars and gingham on your Halloween one, and your Santa is perfect what that vintage-inspired DSP. Love the hearts behind your Santa, too,
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both of those cards LeAnne - they are so beautifully coordinated! That little ghost is just so adorable though! As for the wasp nest - yikes! The insect looks very cool too. Great sketch this week - so versatile!

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow! The photos show some fantastical natural insects and home! WOW! Thank you for sharing this!