Tuesday, March 29, 2022

RRCB179 Bright Springtime Wishes

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we give our older stamps some love!  Here's our 60s-vibe-inspired challenge for you today:


Yikes, those colors ARE a challenge for me, definitely out of my comfort zone....so my green is not quite so bright, but this is what I came up with using pink, yellow and green:


I know I have had this ladybug paper for YEARS and have never used it, but I thought it mimicked the pattern in the challenge photo, so I went with it!  It's hard to see, but the little stars have a little gold sparkle on them, and that's why I chose the yellow polka dot paper to coordinate.  The sentiment is from a Close to My Heart set called Easter Animals, (2018); it was stamped in Polished Pink ink and diecut with a Stitched Rectangle die.  The flowers are Polished Pink and Daffodil Delight, leaves are Soft Seafoam, all diecut with the Pierced Blooms dies, which are retiring but will never leave my craft room, LOL!  Finally, the little butterfly is also Close to My Heart's Bunches of Joy, (2019):


I added a little gold rhinestone to the center of the butterfly just for fun!  This uses my all-time favorite sketch, which also happens to be the sketch from Try Stampin on Tuesday:



I hope you'll come play along with us at Retro Rubber and give some of the older stamps a whirl!  And I hope you'll be inspired by our 60s colors!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Cassidy's school now has school pictures twice a year!  Here's her latest one:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Easter Animals (Close to My Heart 2018), Bunches of Joy (Close to My Heart 2019)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Seafoam, Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, Unknown DSPs
 Ink Polished Pink
Accessories Dimensionals, Holiday Rhinestones
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Pierced Blooms Dies

14 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, so colorful! Cassidy is quite the young lady. It's been fun watching her grow and I thank you for sharing all the pictures that you do.

Linda Callahan said...

Totally groovy…your colors are perfect! Reminds me of a song….”flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere” 😊

I Card Everyone said...

so...... GROOVY!! Love your ladybugs and all the colors you picked from their guide!
Now, why would they retire this adorable set of dies??? You just keep using them, LeAnne, and I'll never stop loving them!
Such a great photo of Cassidy!
=]

Bonnie said...

I think this paper is perfect for this challenge, LeAnne! It's so bright and pretty especially paired with the yellow polka-dots! Cassidy is so grown up! They are growing way too fast!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, LeAnne, LOVE your colors here - and perfectly groovy, too, for sure! That ladybug paper is SO pretty - and I am smitten with that little button center in your flower! Eee!

Pia S said...

I love fresh, zesty colors and this card has plenty! So fun, summery and cheerful.

Heather said...

Well, dang, and I totally missed that you posted this out at TSOT! How perfect is this for our sketch there?? Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Lisa Elton said...

You did a great job, LeAnne this is adorable! Love the sweet lady bugs. My goodness, Cassidy is growing up so fast! Cute picture!

Dena J said...

Perfectly 'groovy' colors! And just right flowery pattern for the 60's, too. I love how you've used the sketch. Thank you so much for sharing this fun card at Try Stampin. On Tuesday.

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is so bright & pretty, LeAnne! Love the paper and that beautiful sentiment and of course those pretty Pierced Blooms flowers! Well done!

Denise Willerton said...

Hi LeAnne ~ you know I LOVE your creativity!!! first the DSP is so fun and perfect on your card and the Pierced Bloom flowers, the stitched sentiment!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! thank you for joining us at TSOT ~ Looking forward to have you join in the fun again ~ Denise

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful job with sketch. I really like the ladybug paper, so cute and goes well with the die cut flowers. Thanks for sharing this over at TSOT.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Love this, LeAnne! So adorable and springy! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Ilene B. said...

I can't believe how grown Cassidy is!! I have been following your blog since before she was born!
Great card, I love your ideas!