Tuesday, March 15, 2022

RRCB178 Lucky

Hey there, peeps!  Time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we give our older stamps some love!  I have some really vintage ones on my card today!  Here's our challenge prompt:


A wide open challenge--anything goes!  I don't usually send out St Patrick's Day cards but I was inspired to make one....so here we go:
 

I used the interesting sketch from Sunday Stamps:


and an old set from Cornish Heritage Farms called Sweet Spring.  I have no idea how old this set it, probably at least ten years old!!  I stamped two shamrocks from the set on Shimmery White paper in Just Jade ink and watercolored them in, fussy cut them, then mounted them on some Shaded Spruce gingham triangles:



The triangles went on a circle embossed with polka dots and matted with a green glimmer paper scallop.  The center sentiment was from the same set!  On the inside, I used a sentiment from another CHF set, around the same time period, called The Shoe Boutique:


I also added a couple of shamrocks from Holiday Blitz.  The main element went on a panel that was embossed with a Jumbo Dot embossing folder.  Clean, crisp and retro!  

I hope you'll play along with our "Anything Goes" challenge this week!  Just make sure your stamps are at least a year old, and tell us their approximate age!  Then share your creation with us at the Retro Rubber blog!  Thanks for visiting today!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"A little while, and the wicked will be no more, though you look for them, they will not be found.  But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace." Psalm 37:10-11



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sweet Spring, The Shoe Boutique (both Cornish Heritage Farms, retired)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Green Glimmer (ret), Shaded Spruce DSP (ret)
 Ink Just Jade (ret)
Accessories Holiday Rhinestones Jewels, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Triangle Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Perfect Polka Dot EF (ret), Jumbo Dot EF (ret)

7 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Sweet Spring was 2009, I think - CHF has been closed since 2010 so it must predate that! Sweet card and great use of the sketch, too!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I adore those Jumbo Dots - so often you can find it giving my card panels a lift from underneath! I need to give it the stage again, soon!
Darling St. Patty's day card!
=]

Heather said...

Hah, this is fabulous, LeAnne! Love these bright shamrocks, such a great theme for our anything goes, but I love that sparkly green paper best, lol. And, thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card, LeAnne! Love the jumbo polka dots!

Stef Perry said...

Love the gingham, those fab shamrocks and the polka dots big and small. Super fun St. Paddy's day card LeAnne! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

Look at ALL those polka dots! This card is happy and made me smile! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun use of the sketch for a St. Paddy's card! I love the green bling and glimmer paper matting. Lovely! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.