Thursday, March 10, 2022

TTTC152 Hand-Penned Vellum

Hi everyone!  Happy Thursday and welcome back to a new Tic Tac Toe challenge!  Here's the grid that our talented Betty came up with: 


I had to laugh at myself because I used this same Hand-Penned Petals stamp set for my last Tic Tac Toe challenge!  What can I say, I just love this set!  It's perfect for spring!  SO....I chose the right column of vellum, sympathy and floral. I don't use vellum enough and I thought I'd see how this floral image looked stamped in Stazon black and colored on the back of the vellum.  Here we go:


I haven't done this technique for a long time, but even I was surprised and impressed at how vivid and bright the colors were!  I used Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent inks and an aquapainter to color on the back, but you could also use markers or Blends!  I did heat the vellum a bit after coloring it to "unwarp" it and it worked perfectly!  


I diecut it with the coordinating dies, then mounted it on a piece of Basic White and stamped a sympathy sentiment from Special Moments and added a little color to it by stamping one of the rectangles from Watercolor Shapes on top.  It's a simple thing but it really highlights the sentiment!  I also added some speckles from Color & Contour:


Everything went on a Soft Succulent card base that was embossed with the Timeworn Type EF, and I added some DSP and a few sequins for fun.  And it's already in the mail, winging to its recipient!  I hope you'll find a column or row in our grid this week that will inspire you to create something pretty!  Be sure to share it with us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge!  Can't wait to see you there!  Thanks for visiting today!


Finally....Eden settled down....but she is as close to her buddy as she can be without being in her bed, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!  And be sure to pray for the Ukraine!

"Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do worng; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away." Psalm 37: 1-2

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hand-Penned Petals, Special Moments (ret), Watercolor Shapes
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Succulent, Hand-Penned DSP,  Daffodil Delight DSP, Vellum
 Ink Stazon Black, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen
Accessories Sequins from my stash
Tools     Big Shot, Penned Flowers Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Timeworn Type Embossing Folder, Aquapainter

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is just gorgeous. Love that Eden has her back towards Ginger. Harummpf, I'll show her!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne your colors are so vivid - perfect word! Love your flowers so use them every day and we'll both be happy!
Eden, good girl - though it does appear she's giving everyone the cold.... backside?
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You could use those Hand-Penned Petals everyday and I wouldn't be upset! They look gorgeous on vellum! Marvelous card, LeAnne!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, LeAnne! This set has grown on me and I am finding that I reach for it more & more now! Love how you colored your vellum layer and the different mix of DSP's! Well done on the challenge! Awww, poor Eden. It looks like both doggies could fit in the big bed together! My 2 always squeeze into one dog bed until the other gets tired of hanging out of the bed. It's really a shame because they both have dog beds throughout the house but insist on the same bed together!

Nancy said...

I saw this at TTTC and had to come by and tell you how beautiful it is! Well done!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is just beautiful LeAnne! I know just what you mean about not being able to stop using a set and I'm not surprised about this one as it is a real beauty! I love the technique you used - it has made the colours really vivid. Love the way you highlighted the sentiment too.
Glad that Eden has finally made peace with her bed. What cuties those pups are! Thank you for sharing the verses at the end of your posts too - they always comfort me. Vicky x