Thursday, March 3, 2022

AHSC462 Hand-Penned Pennants

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I needed a special birthday card and I was challenged by the longer, slimmer sketch from Atlantic Hearts this week:


In hindsight, I wish I had chosen a less-busy pattern for my card, because when I started to assemble it, I thought it was a little "too much"!  But you know when you've already spent time on something, you just keep going, so here we go:


I think the Hand-Penned Suite is just about one of the prettiest SU has ever made!  These papers are just made for SPRING!!  But I think the banners do get a wee bit lost in the shuffle.  I diecut several, one each in Basic White, Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, So Saffron and Highland Heather, then trimmed a few off and adhered them to the white banner.  It is from the retired Bonanza dies.  I added some pearls to show them off a bit better:


I added a scallop from Scalloped Contours, a little cross stitched piece from Stitched Labels and a wee bit of Blushing Bride Frayed Ribbon:

The sentiment is from All Things Fabulous, stamped in Misty Moonlight.  I hope my friend likes it!  Thanks for popping in today!  

Look what I found at the post office yesterday!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps All Things Fabulous
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Highland Heather, Hand-Penned DSP
 Ink Misty Moonlight        
Accessories Pearls, Blushing Bride Frayed Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Scalloped Contour Dies, Bonanza Dies (ret), Stitched Labels Dies (ret)

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Your card is every bit of lovely, LeAnne! It definitely screams spring as does your pretty picture of flowers! The Hand Penned DSP is beautiful and has such a nice array of pastel colors in it and I love the banner you made! The scallops and stitching makes this all the more beautiful! Your friend is sure to love it!

Kampin' Karen said...

Crocus!! I miss mine from upstate NY. Love your slimline too!!

I Card Everyone said...

OH MY!! Gorgeous card AND crocus?? You've really made my day, LeAnne! This dsp might now be getting all my gingham love!
=]

Dena J said...

It is gorgeous spring color and crisply set off with your bright white scallop. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Michelle said...

I love your card! It's so fresh and pretty. You used our sketch well to create a beautiful look and feel. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card - the paper is a little busy but it sure is beautiful! and you can still see those sweet little banners! Wonderful slim line design! xx

Beth Kochheiser said...

I love your card LeAnne! And like you, I think Hand-penned is about the prettiest paper they've ever done. I'm trying hard not to hoard, but Indefinitely dave it for cards for special folks!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so pretty - love the papers and the white scalloped border. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Lisa Elton said...

I can't get enough of that Hand Penned paper! Delightful card, LeAnne and the crocus are a delightful sight!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Love the stitched pieces! Your card is very pretty!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Anna said...

What a pretty card. I love the colors that you have chosen-what a wonderful way to welcome spring and they remind me of the pretty flowers you shared at the end of the blog post. Thanks for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Anna, Design Team

Golden Goddess Designs said...

such a pretty card, love the floral paper. thank you for sharing with us Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and good luck.

Alicia

Brandi said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love so much about this, the banner, the scalloped border, the soft touch of the ribbon, the colours, all of it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca