Monday, March 14, 2022

St Pat's Deco

Good Monday morning, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend...after a crazy snowstorm on Saturday, Sunday dawned cold and clear and here we are back to the work week!  I have my club girls meeting today, so this will be quick, and since St Patrick's Day is coming up, I thought I would share a little something I made to put with my seasonal decor:



Instead of making an Altoids mint tin, I decided to make a little spool decoration; I printed out a little Irish girl two times, reversing one of the images, and fussy-cut her out.  I did the same with the sentiment, then mounted her on a little dowel inserted in a vintage wooden spool.  I covered the spool with green papers, added a button and bow one one side, and a glimmer-paper shamrock (made from three punched-out hearts) on the other.  She is sitting on the little tiered tin on my kitchen table and she makes me smile every time I look at her!  

Speaking of green (and smiling), I took Cassidy to a local high school musical production of Shrek; the role of Fiona was played by the oldest daughter of one of the sweetest families I know!  She's a senior this year, so this is her last high school performance, but I know she'll be singing her way through college as well.  Jessica brought her by so we could get some photos after the show:



She did such a great job, as did the whole cast!  Thanks for visiting today..enjoy it and be blessed!



8 comments:

Wendy said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! Love the vintage image and how you decorated the wooden spool! This would definitely make me smile, too! Love the paper and your sparkly shamrock! Perfect addition to your St Patrick's Day decorations! Awesome pictures from the musical you went to see! Love the Fiona outfit! Miss Cassidy is growing so quickly and becoming a wonderful young lady! TFS and enjoy your stamp day!

Amy said...

Your little dancing St. Patties girl is just too darling!!!!💕💕💕

I Card Everyone said...

Having been IN your wonderful kitchen, I have no trouble imagining this darling little lass causing a smile with every look!
Thanks for sharing, LeAnne! and also that darling Fiona! AND all three of your smiling faces...
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is ao cute LeAnne - I love how you get so creative with a vintage theme!

laurie said...

So cute!!

Lorraine said...

What a cool idea and so sweet! The play must have been a lot of fun.

Bonnie said...

This is an adorable St. Patrick's Day decoration! Love that image and how you've covered the spool!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! It rates right up there with Fiona, Cassidy and you!