Thursday, March 17, 2022

AHSC464 Hello!

Happy Thursday, peeps! I have a quick little card for you today, it's 4 1/4" square and it uses the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


So here we go:


Not sure what the name of this style is called....a flap fold?  Anyway, the 8 1/2" side was scored at 1 1/2" and 5 3/4", then folded together, and the top "flap" is 3" square.  


I stamped the floral panel with the single flower and leaf from Color and Contour using Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight and Mossy Meadow inks, then stamped the sentiment from Biggest Wish in Mossy Meadow as well.    Here it is, a little open:


The designer papers are from You're A Peach, and I dyed some white crinked seam binding ribbon with a Mossy Meadow Blend, which is pretty darn awesome!  I love how it turned out!  And I finished the inside with a birthday sentiment, and added sequins to the front for some sparkle!

This card is already in the mail, too!  Thanks for popping in today!  

Our weather yesterday was beautiful, almost 70 degrees.  Not this warm though, but kids love to try to prove you wrong!! Dana said Cassidy was cold while they played cornhole, but she refused to get out of her shorts, tank top and flip flops....in MARCH!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!  And keep praying for Ukraine!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Color and Contour, Biggest Wish
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Balmy Blue, Mossy Meadow, You're A Peach DSP
 Ink Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, Mossy Meadow
Accessories Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, Whale of A Time Sequins (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Scalloped Contour Dies, Light Mossy Meadow Blend

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card. The recipient will enjoy it. Do they ever watch the cornhole tournaments on tv? I love cornhole and have my own Yuengling set. I'll keep them even though there is no one to play any longer.

Denise Willerton said...

such a sweet card LeAnne ~ don't you just love fun folds :-) I love how you paired the DSP's and then created your own!!! stunning!!!! ~ Cassidy, silly girl, but I get it...I can't wait to keep my sock off, time for pedicures!!!

I Card Everyone said...

What a darling little square - and so much more interest than the standard! Your little ribbon took that ink so well, LeAnne, and it's such a pretty closer without being too bulky for the mail.
Those are the days Cassidy will remember... I still recall laying out in the sun during a particularly warm Spring break in high school - and that's almost unheard of in Michigan!
=]

Wendy said...

That is such a pretty card, LeAnne! I love the colors and design! I have had this bundle for awhile and don't think the stamps have ever seen ink! Thanks for inspiring me to pull it out! Yesterday was such a nice day but as the day went on I thought it got awfully windy and a tad cool. No shorts for this girl. Hope Miss Cassidy doesn't catch a cold!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Very pretty! Love the ribbon tie & love that you made a square card!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
Patty S, Design Team

Lisa Elton said...

I remember making a card like this with my SIL at an Archivers make and take eons ago! The ribbon tie is such a sweet detail isn't it! This is charming, LeAnne. I was SO tempeted to break out my flip flops today... Cassidy is the brave one!

Dena J said...

Lovely fancy fold, LeAnne! Just perfect for this sketch. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Dena J, DT

Anna said...

What a pretty card. I love the colors and the wonderful patterns! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

Absolutely stunning, that blue on those flowers is great combined with the green is just perfect. I love everything about this card. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca