Saturday, March 12, 2022

JAI594 Masked Bouquet

Hello stampers!  Hope you have a fun weekend planned!  We are supposed to see a school play of Shrek this afternoon, but the forecast isn't looking too good!  Crazy weather!  Well, I have a spring-like card for you today, (inspired by my friend Joanne) for the Just Add Ink challenge of masking!  


And here we go:


First, you can see Joanne's card HERE.  I was inspired by the way she used multiple colors with her stencil but I couldn't seem to create the same effect without getting ink where I didn't want it!  So I traced the smaller flowers as well as the center flowers (as a pair) onto some scrap paper, then snipped them out to create a mask. I placed the masks on top of my stencil, covering the areas I didn't want to get ink, and although it was a little tricky, it worked!  I used Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody for the larger flowers and Blushing Bride and Poppy Parade for the smaller ones.  The leaves are all Pear Pizzaz, I just used a heavier hand on the one set:


I added a Poppy Parade mat, and stamped a sentiment from Easter Friends in Poppy Parade too.  It all went on a card that I covered with a pretty print from Sweet Symmetry, and finally, added some red sequins and Frayed White ribbon banners.  Thanks for popping in today!

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Isaiah 37:5-6

Enjoy your day and be blessed, and continue to pray for Ukraine!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Easter Friends    
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Poppy Parade, Sweet Symmetry DSP
 Ink Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories Sequins from my stash, Frayed White Ribbon
Tools     Butterflies & Flowers Layering Masks (stencils), Blending Brushes

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

You did a great job. I ordered these stencils but have no idea why! I must have seen a card I wanted to CASE. Yours is worthy of CASEing but I don't have the patience!!

I Card Everyone said...

Well done, LeAnne - it's gorgeous! Sounds like you found the perfect solution for your own needs. Love the bright colors, and that sweet paper, too!
=]

Wendy said...

Oh WOW, this is so pretty, LeAnne! Love the stenciled flowers and that gorgeous DSP panel! What a great way to keep your day looking springy on this COLD & SNOWY day! Mother Nature is letting us know that it is still winter! Stay safe and have a great day! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Well this is lovely LeAnne! I love the red with the yellows/oranges and it looks fab with the DSP background. I must confess I've taken to taping up the flowers I don't want to add colour too as well, as it's too easy to get messy with these stencils. There's nothing worse than a smudge when you're almost done! I love both sets of leaves too - I never think to use both together, so will try that next! Thanks for the shout out!

Lisa Elton said...

This is bright and pretty LeAnne! Just the pick me up needed on this cold snowy day

Chantell Randall said...

Stunning - I love your bold colours and pretty background paper. Chantell Just Add Ink

Tammy said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! I love this mask!

Kerry Parkinson said...

What a fabulous work-around you found for your stencilling/masking! Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Cheers, Kerry DT

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card!