Tuesday, March 8, 2022

AHSC463 You Are So Special

Happy (late) Tuesday, my friends!  We had a really strong windstorm last night and had no internet this morning, so everything is a bit delayed!  Thankfully we didn't lose electricity but some of our neighbors did.  Anyway, I always love things in threes, so when I saw the Atlantic Hearts sketch this week, I was a happy camper!


I've been trying to use some colors that I don't normally gravitate to (read: PURPLES) so I pulled out the little Fresh Freesia print from the Heart & Home DSP and made a monochromatic card for today:


After layering the panels on Fresh Freesia mats, I stamped the big flower from Tasteful Touches in Fresh Freesia as well, then colored in the petals with a Blender pen.  I was surprised that the ink took on a pink tone, very pretty!  I added a horizontal panel with a sentiment from the same set, fussy-cut my flower, and added some Rose Metallic thread and In Color Jewels for embellishment:


Simple and easy!  Thanks for popping in today!

Here's a few photos of a tree that uprooted in my neighbor's yard:



Truthfully, the pictures don't do it justice...this thing was huge, probably fifteen feet across!  The neighbor across from him had a tree pull the electric wires right off his house.  He was out at 7:30 in the morning, cutting it up to make way for the electric company to come do the repairs:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Tasteful Touches
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Heart & Home DSP
 Ink Fresh Freesia
Accessories In Color Jewels, Rose Metallic Thread (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Blender Pen

6 comments:

Dena J said...

I love the monochromatic theme you've done for your card LeAnne. The purples are lovely! A very elegant feel to the card. Thank you for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Stay safe! Downed electric so dangerous.
Dena J, DT

I Card Everyone said...

I am feeling blessed, LeAnne - both by this beautiful card [that color-change is why I don't use Oxides for coloring - could be the same for SU inks?] and blessed that those mad winds we also had didn't affect us - THIS TIME!
LOve this shade of purple! Bring on the lilacs!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Wow that was some wind storm! Great card...worth waiting for!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is special! Love those sweet blooms and the lovely soft purples! So happy you didn't have any damage, that wind was CRAZY stuff!

Anna said...

So glad that you are safe after that storm! The flower is so pretty, and as a lover of purple, I appreciate that you stretched yourself to make something in a color you don't necessarily gravitate to. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

I love the flower and the thread behind it is a gentle bu fabulous touch. The scalloped border is a sweet touch! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca