Wednesday, March 30, 2022

TCC173 Easter Plaid

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Time for a new Card Concept challenge, where we create a card with a certain concept!  Here's the sweet prompt that Julie has for us this week:

What a sweet little vignette! I recently got a little tray like this (mine is white, though) and I have it decorated for Easter too!  But I was mostly inspired by the plaid bunny on the top shelf, in addition to the little plaque, so I used those elements for my clean and layered card today:


I had some pretty papers from Carta Bella called Home Again, and so I chose a few coordinating papers, an older set of stitched bunny dies from Lil'Inker, and went to work!  I diecut each bunny and layered them on Stitched Shapes circles, then added Crumb Cake bows to coordinate with the sentiment panel:


I created an embossed background my stamping a background stamp in Versamark ink and embossing it with white embossing powder, then I added a couple of banners and another bow at the top.  If you look closely, you can see the embossed leafy image:


Everything went on a Crumb Cake mat, then a Lost Lagoon card, and I stamped a simple sentiment on another piece of the designer paper and adhered it to the inside:


I am sad Lil'Inkers went out of business, because they really had some cute dies!  These will be in stash forever too!  

I hope you'll play along with our pretty little Easter Blessings challenge!  Check out what "concept" or style you'd like to use on the Card Concept blog, then play along!  Thanks for popping in today!  

Speaking of bunnies, here's a little cross stitch project I recently finished; from the photo, it looks like my button is a wee bit off-center, so I guess I'll have to fix that!  I didn't have any wooden beads for my dowel, so I used some vintage wooden spools for the ends!  Trying to use up some of my craft stash!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs), Spring Blessings (W+9), Leaf Background (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Lost Lagoon (ret), Crumb Cake, Home Again DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Lost Lagoon, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder (Stampendous)
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Stitched Bunny Dies (Lil'Inker, ret), Heat Tool

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You've answered my question, LeAnne - there IS NO end to your talents! Your cross-stitched banner is so adorable! as is your gingham bunny, and his buddy leafy bunny!

I really have to dig through my cover stamps - this embossed panel is so spectacular!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is oh so cute! Love the DSP and, of course, the bunnies!

Lisa Elton said...

Your bunnies are adorable, this is a charming card! CUTE cross-stitched panel too!

Lorraine said...

Those bunnies are adorable. I love the embossed background. And the banner is so cute. Great idea to use those spools!

Wendy said...

Adorable card, LeAnne! I just loved those stitched bunnies and haven't used them in a long time! Love the colors of your card and all those circle panels!

Tracy Grauer said...

Those stitched bunnies are awesome! I love all the stitched shapes you used and the EF inked and embossed...clever!